Dirt 4

More
10 Sep 2017 00:25 #8808 by CP
CP created the topic: Dirt 4
Its a peculiar problem with Dirt 4. It's a Codemasters game, and they're usually fun, and it's a Dirt game, and they are usually fun too. For some reason I am not enjoying this edition as much as Dirt 2 and 3.

Is there anyone else in the same boat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richo
  • Away
More
11 Sep 2017 11:53 #8827 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Dirt 4
The reviews I saw were mixed so that's put me off buying it.

More
12 Sep 2017 19:07 #8852 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: Dirt 4
I have seen a bloke i follow who is generally on the money say he would rather play Richard Burns Rally over Dirt 4. This for me was more then enough to never play Dirt 4. lol

More
17 Sep 2017 11:13 #8943 by CP
CP replied the topic: Dirt 4
Pluses: Stages (all bar Sweden) are good, and the weather and time of day is cool
Landrush and Rallycross are great fun
Car list is varied and you'll find something you like
Landrush and Rallycross cars do what you want them to do

Minuses: Sweden has no margin for error whatsoever
Most of the rally cars, and it doesn't matter which handling mode you have it set on, have the responsiveness of a corpse, and when combined with the above is ultra frustrating

It's odd, there are good and bad parts of the game, yet as a rally game, its a pain in the arse to play because some of the cars are just so unresponsive, but it is fun in other areas. As whole, it isn't the case, unlike the previous Dirt games.

Would I recommend it, well, some people would enjoy it, but I'd recommend it more if there was a massive patch that fixed the responsiveness of the cars and make it less frustrating to play.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds