Gran Turismo Sport

More
22 Sep 2017 16:11 #9001 by CP
CP replied the topic: Gran Turismo Sport
Thoughts so far. You have to update the game to get the full game, as only quick race with the McLaren 720S and Long Beach are the only options. I had a run in private practice in the 720S at Long Beach and it was quite a (fun) challenge. You had to keep counter steering the car our of corners as it just kept oversteering on exit and once the turbo spools up, wheelspin abounds.

However, what is it with gaming companies asking you to spend $80 on their products and not including a manual? The only thing featured in the case other than the disc is a Playseat flyer and a Namco membership one?

I was going to get the deluxe edition from JB Hi Fi but when I found out my local Harvey Norman had it (and HN here usually doesn't stock stuff of interest here), well, the results are mentioned above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2017 13:09 #9016 by CP
CP replied the topic: Gran Turismo Sport
The IMSA GT Mustang is quite surprisingly, more user friendly than the Falcon (and the Mustang GT4s).

More
30 Sep 2017 12:47 #9055 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: Gran Turismo Sport

CP wrote: Thoughts so far. You have to update the game to get the full game, as only quick race with the McLaren 720S and Long Beach are the only options. I had a run in private practice in the 720S at Long Beach and it was quite a (fun) challenge. You had to keep counter steering the car our of corners as it just kept oversteering on exit and once the turbo spools up, wheelspin abounds.

However, what is it with gaming companies asking you to spend $80 on their products and not including a manual? The only thing featured in the case other than the disc is a Playseat flyer and a Namco membership one?

I was going to get the deluxe edition from JB Hi Fi but when I found out my local Harvey Norman had it (and HN here usually doesn't stock stuff of interest here), well, the results are mentioned above.

Its disappointing that nearly no one creates manuals these days.

For some of the better games out there the manual was an extension of the games reality and I remember loving pouring through them as a kid.

The best manual for a racing game was with grand prix 2. I learn't so much race craft from that "book." The detailed setup knowledge, driving techniques etc was invaluable!.

Best manual I ever bought has to go to Falcon 4.0. Felt like I was a genuine fighter pilot with that one!

More
01 Oct 2017 17:49 #9060 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: Gran Turismo Sport
I guess it depends on what a manual means to you. What are you looking for?

I bought the digital premium copy, cost about $100 I think. No manual but I have no need for it.

As for set ups etc. There is a lot of detail in the set up section. The rest I think is quite self explanatory.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds