Sportscar/GT video's.

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
06 Jun 2017 21:40 #7383 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

maverick wrote: The great Vadim Kogay.

It's only funny when you don't know the true story. Once you do, you'll feel like an idiot for laughing at him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2017 08:59 #7387 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

Miguel wrote:

It's only funny when you don't know the true story. Once you do, you'll feel like an idiot for laughing at him.

So what is the true story?

More
07 Jun 2017 09:40 #7391 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

Richo wrote:

Miguel wrote:

Sounds to me like it would make a Hollywood blockbuster...

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
07 Jun 2017 15:46 - 07 Jun 2017 15:47 #7405 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

StueyB83 wrote:

Richo wrote:

Miguel wrote:

Sounds to me like it would make a Hollywood blockbuster...

www.dailysportscar.com/2015/05/26/team-f...-rinaldi-racing.html
"The contrast with Monza 2014 couldn’t have been starker: then, after a typically strong qualifying performance and opening stint from Seefried, Kogay got in the car and struggled with a brake problem, going off the track several times. And after a very serious crash at Spa involving the Kessel Ferrari of Marcus Mahy, the Russian stood down from the cockpit and hasn’t raced at a Blancpain event since."

explains a bit about it.

Baron Peck Peckington III
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2017 15:47 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69.

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
07 Jun 2017 17:58 #7410 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
Brake problem that caused braking to be very inconsistent. It looks like slapstick but once again the intardnets were quickly to jump the gun because Russian and Am makes for an easy target.

More
07 Jun 2017 18:41 #7411 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
Whilst I note that there may have been mechanical issues.... What does make it funny (IMO) is that they knew it... and stayed out there.

Thats straight up stupid. On/Off brake problems at Monza in a Blancpain event with over 50 cars? Asking for it.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Jun 2017 18:47 - 07 Jun 2017 18:48 #7412 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

Ryan Lee wrote: Whilst I note that there may have been mechanical issues.... What does make it funny (IMO) is that they knew it... and stayed out there.

Thats straight up stupid. On/Off brake problems at Monza in a Blancpain event with over 50 cars? Asking for it.

Yes i think after about the second "off" he surely must have thought that it's maybe not a good idea to continue at full noise and endanger himself and others.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2017 18:48 by maverick.

More
07 Jun 2017 18:51 #7413 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
I just watched the video, i hadn't seen it because i remembered it from the race... Not only is he going off, but the way he re-entered in front of the Z4?? WTF

Then on top of that trying to go after the Bentley and racing the Audi. If you have car issues, You pull it in, especially if it's brake issues at Monza. It's never been fabled for it's slow nature. But, if for some reason you decide, nah, i'll work through this... You sure as shit DO NOT race anyone. You manage it and keep away from other competitors because if you went into the back of a car you're trying to race with a KNOWN brake issue... That would surely be heavily frowned upon up and down the grid and from the race director.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Jun 2017 14:51 #7475 by maverick
The Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus doing a lap of the Nordschleife.

lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fww...5R-oqRkyNO472Zdw&s=1

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
13 Jun 2017 09:27 #7533 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
Some Australian GT trackside action from Phillip Island- TURN THE VOLUME TO MAX! :woohoo:

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/
The following user(s) liked this post: Miguel

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Jun 2017 10:42 #7706 by maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jul 2017 18:45 #7866 by maverick

More
13 Jul 2017 11:42 #8080 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
:woohoo:

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
18 Jul 2017 14:20 #8162 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
Helmet cam for driver change and onboard at night with Xavier Massen and the Luc Alphand Adventures Corvette C6R

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Sep 2017 17:25 #8898 by maverick
Bathurst 1960 and this is believed to be the first ever AGT Championship race/round.

lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fww...hh7gW-jeViYkvAFw&s=1

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Oct 2017 09:40 #9187 by maverick

More
19 Oct 2017 12:22 #9190 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

maverick wrote: Bathurst 1960 and this is believed to be the first ever AGT Championship race/round.

I was fortunate to have experienced that era,initially from the spectator side of the fence and then from 1963 trackside.Due to lack of real regulation of touring car racing many cars were modified well beyond reasonability thus CAMS introduced controls that saw these highly modified cars become Appendix K whilst the others were classified as Appendix J.

The rules were loose enough to allow virtually any car with a roof to become an Appendix K vehicle hence the sight of things such as 'production sportscars' with hardtops,sports cars with the weirdest roof you could think of as well as the newly classified K touring cars.

A very mixed lot indeed but some incredible racing particularly at Bathurst and Catalina.
I believe that David Bedwell,the provider of the footage many years ago, is a member of the local Bathurst Bedwell clan. Around the time of the footage a young Bob Bedwell built a hillclimb car,an open chassis with Holden motor called (iirc) The Flying Bedstead - very apt as it did resemble one but it was exceptionally quick,well driven and a big threat to the established hillclimb regulars.
Bob later purchased the highly successful Ralph Sach Mini Din(not mini engined ,Holden powered) and then the very modern and quick Bowin Hay that Ron Hay had campaigned with lots of so success.

It is wonderful to see old footage and even a greater suprise that I remember most of it !!

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
19 Oct 2017 16:09 #9191 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.

chatswood47 wrote:

maverick wrote: Bathurst 1960 and this is believed to be the first ever AGT Championship race/round.

I was fortunate to have experienced that era,initially from the spectator side of the fence and then from 1963 trackside.Due to lack of real regulation of touring car racing many cars were modified well beyond reasonability thus CAMS introduced controls that saw these highly modified cars become Appendix K whilst the others were classified as Appendix J.

The rules were loose enough to allow virtually any car with a roof to become an Appendix K vehicle hence the sight of things such as 'production sportscars' with hardtops,sports cars with the weirdest roof you could think of as well as the newly classified K touring cars.

A very mixed lot indeed but some incredible racing particularly at Bathurst and Catalina.
I believe that David Bedwell,the provider of the footage many years ago, is a member of the local Bathurst Bedwell clan. Around the time of the footage a young Bob Bedwell built a hillclimb car,an open chassis with Holden motor called (iirc) The Flying Bedstead - very apt as it did resemble one but it was exceptionally quick,well driven and a big threat to the established hillclimb regulars.
Bob later purchased the highly successful Ralph Sach Mini Din(not mini engined ,Holden powered) and then the very modern and quick Bowin Hay that Ron Hay had campaigned with lots of so success.

It is wonderful to see old footage and even a greater suprise that I remember most of it !!

I feel with stories like this you could be part of dads army!

Baron Peck Peckington III

More
19 Oct 2017 21:22 #9199 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: Sportscar/GT video's.
Guess you could call me the 'Old Fart' after all - I have been blessed to have been able to enjoy something I love for a lifetime and am still heavily involved.
It has been an amazing journey being involved in all the changes and improvements over many years however at the upper levels it is pure business rather than enjoyable sport that is found at state and club level.
I well remember the after meeting BBQ's with competitors crews and officials all getting together to recount the day and enjoy a feed and an ale or two-heck in the very early days of the 500 at Bathurst we had a traditional teams v officials cricket match thatb was so much fun and a great start to the event.
Now I must have my hot milk and toddle off to bed !!

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds