2017 VASC.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Mar 2017 16:59 #5279 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Obviously very early days, but seeing McLaughlin on it straight away bodes well for a classic Holden v Ford battle this season.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2017 18:14 #5282 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

maverick wrote: Obviously very early days, but seeing McLaughlin on it straight away bodes well for a classic Holden v Ford battle this season.

Rick Kelly in the Datto :) isn't far behind either, hopefully it will become Nissan v Ford v Holden battle, in that order!
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
03 Mar 2017 22:31 #5287 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
I think Fabian Coulthard would be shitting bricks right now. He's had a year to settle into the team and learn the car, and still Scotty beats him in every session so far in his Falcon debut. I'm a huge fan of McLaughlin, so I'm loving his form, but if the season keeps going the way it's going, Coulthard will be under some pressure to perform

More
03 Mar 2017 23:53 #5288 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Keepin' it saf.

More
04 Mar 2017 10:48 #5295 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Lol is that for real??

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

More
04 Mar 2017 10:55 #5296 by Pierre
According to this it was, before being fixed!

www.motormag.com.au/news/1703/porsche-to...supercars-saftey-car

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Mar 2017 11:06 #5298 by maverick

Pierre wrote: Keepin' it saf.

How it can get past so many people to get to that point is concerning :S

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Mar 2017 18:33 #5312 by maverick
SVG ran away with it in the end, so that was a little disappointing as there was potential for a handful of drivers to battle it out.
Some of the penalties such as the one that McLaughlin received are way too severe and the kerb hopping detector is laughable after they showed R Kelly having his entire car over the kerb and he didn't get pinged.

More
04 Mar 2017 21:22 #5315 by jdyort
jdyort replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Nardulas wrote: I think Fabian Coulthard would be shitting bricks right now. He's had a year to settle into the team and learn the car, and still Scotty beats him in every session so far in his Falcon debut. I'm a huge fan of McLaughlin, so I'm loving his form, but if the season keeps going the way it's going, Coulthard will be under some pressure to perform

And perform he did..... you must of motivated him.

Respect to FC for his efforts today.
The following user(s) liked this post: Nardulas

More
05 Mar 2017 12:11 #5322 by Nardulas

jdyort wrote:

Nardulas wrote: I think Fabian Coulthard would be shitting bricks right now. He's had a year to settle into the team and learn the car, and still Scotty beats him in every session so far in his Falcon debut. I'm a huge fan of McLaughlin, so I'm loving his form, but if the season keeps going the way it's going, Coulthard will be under some pressure to perform

And perform he did..... you must of motivated him.

Respect to FC for his efforts today.

Didn't expect that, but I'm always happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Interesting to see no penalty for the Whincup/Frosty incident, while Reynolds and McLaughlin both had a tour of pit lane for relatively minor infractions.

First time I've ever found myself agreeing with Mark Skaife, instead of a drive through, perhaps a time penalty to be served at either the next pitstop or post race would be more suitable for minor things like that?

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Mar 2017 17:51 #5328 by maverick
McLaughlin succumbs to the pressure and SVG keeps piling on the wins.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Mar 2017 14:54 #5361 by maverick

More
07 Mar 2017 16:00 #5363 by Pierre
To add a thought to that, the Murdoch empire itself is struggling to make a profit from its old-world business model these days. No clickbait headlines pointing that out of course. It's more fun undermining the work of others.

www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-10/news-corp...aper-impairs/8258334

More
11 Mar 2017 15:25 - 11 Mar 2017 15:26 #5437 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Some weekend reading for everyone. Feel free to comment and share:

motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorspor...ut-the-Dunlop-Series

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708
Last Edit: 11 Mar 2017 15:26 by James3592.

More
11 Mar 2017 19:13 #5440 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

James3592 wrote: Some weekend reading for everyone. Feel free to comment and share:

motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorspor...ut-the-Dunlop-Series

Good read. I like the idea of no points for Enduro cup drivers using it as to keep match fit. Leaves the rest of the grid able to fight for why they are there for-the championship itself. It was a good idea for Nascar to implement with their second tier series and Super2 should follow suit.

More
11 Mar 2017 22:50 #5443 by Nardulas
Definitely worth considering. But where do we draw the line between someone like Dumbrell who has had a long career in V8's, and someone like Andre Heimgartner or Chris Pither, who have bounced in and out of V8's during their careers and are still trying to find their way back in? Maybe a cutoff of X amount of V8 Championship race starts?
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
12 Mar 2017 16:31 #5446 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Nardulas wrote: Definitely worth considering. But where do we draw the line between someone like Dumbrell who has had a long career in V8's, and someone like Andre Heimgartner or Chris Pither, who have bounced in and out of V8's during their careers and are still trying to find their way back in? Maybe a cutoff of X amount of V8 Championship race starts?

Maybe if you've spent at least one full season in the main game?

More
13 Mar 2017 15:18 #5459 by Axeman444
Axeman444 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
I'm hoping that Fabs and Scott Mc don't take it in turns to be on the money, with the other languishing. They both need to be on the money each round, as at the moment I see them as the only threat to SvG and Whincup. PRA have too many instances of shooting themselves in the foot to challenge over the whole year. Lowndes I think is on the slide. The rest will all be fighting over 5th in the championship down, and will only be higher if 12/17/88/97 have recurring issues. Fabian also needs to ensure he gets results alongside Scott Mc so pressure will be on there

On another note, Longhurst talking about the biff. Good way to make the V8 fans more stereotyped as bogans Tony...
www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/13/longhurst-s...s-needs-nascar-biff/

Maybe this should be allowed in real life in the crowd when relating to a certain poster on a certain other forum site? Oh wait, he claims to already have been threatened. Wonder why that would be?

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2017 15:45 - 13 Mar 2017 15:50 #5461 by maverick

Axeman444 wrote: I'm hoping that Fabs and Scott Mc don't take it in turns to be on the money, with the other languishing. They both need to be on the money each round, as at the moment I see them as the only threat to SvG and Whincup. PRA have too many instances of shooting themselves in the foot to challenge over the whole year. Lowndes I think is on the slide. The rest will all be fighting over 5th in the championship down, and will only be higher if 12/17/88/97 have recurring issues. Fabian also needs to ensure he gets results alongside Scott Mc so pressure will be on there

On another note, Longhurst talking about the biff. Good way to make the V8 fans more stereotyped as bogans Tony...
www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/13/longhurst-s...s-needs-nascar-biff/

Maybe this should be allowed in real life in the crowd when relating to a certain poster on a certain other forum site? Oh wait, he claims to already have been threatened. Wonder why that would be?

Scotty Mac and Fabs certainly need to be ganging up on SVG and JW from the outset. Really looking forward to a competitive year with half a dozen drivers hopefully being in contention come the late races.
If they bring back the biff, Nick Percat better look out.
As far as the individual you are alluding to Axe, I see he's as popular as ever, continues to ruin the place and deserves everything he gets and to think that he predicted the downfall of Australian GT 3-4 years ago ;)

Last Edit: 13 Mar 2017 15:50 by maverick.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2017 17:30 #5465 by maverick

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds