2017 VASC.

More
12 May 2017 13:31 #6760 by velly4
velly4 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Richo wrote:

velly4 wrote: No GTR is Supercars. Sorry if this has already been posted

www.themotorreport.com.au/65083/nissan-p...-in-supercars-series

Pulsar? That makes as much sense as the Altima did. I can't see Nissan continuing on past next year to be honest. With the amount of money invested and the results thus far its not a great ROI.

I think they would be a real force with the GTR engine. They'd be crazy to continue running the current engine.
The V6 turbos are going to destroy the V8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 May 2017 14:33 #6761 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 May 2017 14:44 #6845 by maverick

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
19 May 2017 09:28 #6903 by CP
CP replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
It's quite interesting to see that SEL are interested in it again. Maybe they're hoping for their own Packer/Bond moment?

More
19 May 2017 16:20 #6909 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
The weather could make this weekend very interesting...

Wouldn't mind seeing some wet'n wild action.

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

More
19 May 2017 21:35 #6913 by JuddaGT3
JuddaGT3 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

James3592 wrote: The weather could make this weekend very interesting...

Wouldn't mind seeing some wet'n wild action.

Theres wet'n wild and then there's ridin' the rapids. Haven't seen anything like that for a long time. Be interesting tomorrow if there is any dry conditions to see where everyone truely is.

More
20 May 2017 08:51 #6915 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Good to see the wildcard entries doing alright this weekend as well. I'm a big fan of James Golding, I think if he could find more consistency in his driving he will be excellent in the future

More
20 May 2017 21:45 #6921 by CP
While I didn't find any of the Barbagallo races at all immersive and where nothing stood out, race 1 at Winton was quite good.

The battle between Nick and JC was pure gold, and seeing the JC of old (as in bump into everything) wasn't a bad thing.

That was always going to end that way, it was just a matter of who would end up in the sandtrap.

Tomorrow with those two will be good.

More
20 May 2017 21:59 #6922 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
JC fired up on TV apparently. I didn't see it but have read some of the quotes.

Dave Reynolds had a good race, Tander too.

James Golding was impressive; his first race in 2017 in anything, and he beat some regulars. Good job James.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

More
20 May 2017 22:18 #6923 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
Yeah decent racing from the usually interesting Winton.

Strategy playing a big part as per, but yes, a few good drives through the field, Reynolds, Lowndes, and JC with the wild cards doing well too.

Good to see that whilst DJRTP have the speed, they weren't running away with it. Had Chaz not had his issue and SVG didn't get held up it would have been a great battle up the front!

I didn't think there was much in the Courtney vs Percat incident. Both equally to blame. His comments after were definitely that of a deflated bloke, he never made a hard accusation at Percat, probably knew there wasn't much in it. In the end, he qualified 23rd which isn't good enough. Got caught up and spun on lap 1 but managed to get him back to that kind of position so the car had something going for it. There is a glimmer of light if anything.

I actually feel for Percat, great qualy, then a great start. Would have been good to see what could have happened if he didn't get his issue throughout the race.

***Disclaimer - I know that it's racing so what didn't happen didn't and what did happen did.

More
21 May 2017 20:39 #6939 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
How good is the championship battle at the moment? Just 37 points in it. Regardless of who you go for, it's great for the sport.

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 May 2017 20:48 - 21 May 2017 20:51 #6940 by maverick

James3592 wrote: How good is the championship battle at the moment? Just 37 points in it. Regardless of who you go for, it's great for the sport.

Definitely bodes well for the run to the line.
It's going to be very interesting if and when team mates are vying for the Championship going into the last 2-3 rounds which will add some spice.
It would be pretty exciting having the current top 4 in the Championship battling it out come seasons end.
Unfortunately for me personally, the "enduro's" are going to play a major role in the season where a co-driver can make or break a drivers Championship aspirations which is ridiculous, plus Bathurst should be a non Championship points round IMO.

Last Edit: 21 May 2017 20:51 by maverick.

More
22 May 2017 00:15 #6941 by Nardulas

maverick wrote:

James3592 wrote: How good is the championship battle at the moment? Just 37 points in it. Regardless of who you go for, it's great for the sport.

It's going to be very interesting if and when team mates are vying for the Championship going into the last 2-3 rounds which will add some spice.
It would be pretty exciting having the current top 4 in the Championship battling it out come seasons end.
Unfortunately for me personally, the "enduro's" are going to play a major role in the season where a co-driver can make or break a drivers Championship aspirations which is ridiculous, plus Bathurst should be a non Championship points round IMO.

I would like to see the Endurance Cup be a standalone season within a season style event. Allow teammates to join forces, let the teams try different combinations, etc. I want to see drivers give 100% at the mountain, I don't want to see anything left behind because they were trying to bank championship points

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 May 2017 07:02 - 22 May 2017 07:04 #6943 by maverick

Nardulas wrote:

maverick wrote:

I would like to see the Endurance Cup be a standalone season within a season style event. Allow teammates to join forces, let the teams try different combinations, etc. I want to see drivers give 100% at the mountain, I don't want to see anything left behind because they were trying to bank championship points

Don't think there would be enough competitive cars if you joined the team mates up.
Really is set up nicely seeing that no one has bolted into the distance, there are 2 lots of team mates involved and it's Holden v Ford for the old heads.

Last Edit: 22 May 2017 07:04 by maverick.

More
22 May 2017 12:58 #6949 by Nardulas

maverick wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

maverick wrote:

Don't think there would be enough competitive cars if you joined the team mates up.
Really is set up nicely seeing that no one has bolted into the distance, there are 2 lots of team mates involved and it's Holden v Ford for the old heads.

Perhaps, but who wouldn't want to see Whincup/SVG sharing a car, which would allow Red Bull to use their second car to give young talent a go? Or keep the drivers separated and play the game of who can afford the most experienced co driver. I think teams should be allowed to choose, and pair up main series drivers if they want

More
22 May 2017 19:49 #6964 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
I think with the current crop of co-drivers around, we aren't lacking anything. Sure you could have a field with any driver pairings but that would essentially make it a race of two classes, no car with a non FT team will keep up with a main team.

It's in the best interest of the fans doing it this way. Think of how many races were lost for main teams (first thing that comes to mind is Skaife in the wall up mountain straight awhile back) because of the rule, subsequently making the race a touch less exciting because there goes another contender.

Having to split the FT drivers up means there is theoretically twice as many people who could win. I'm totally fine with that.

Besides, even if you could pair up the drivers, RBHRT would still split SVG and Jdub and still be in the running for a 1-2 lol.

More
23 May 2017 16:22 #6975 by Kytabu
Kytabu replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Ryan Lee wrote: I think with the current crop of co-drivers around, we aren't lacking anything. Sure you could have a field with any driver pairings but that would essentially make it a race of two classes, no car with a non FT team will keep up with a main team..

Wasn't always the case...Besnard/Ritter for GRM in 2009, Simonsen/Lyons for 888 in 2007, Richo/Longhurst in 2003, just to name a few. Part of the appeal for me was seeing if any of the part-time combinations could take it to the regular runners and score a surprise podium or top five.

More
24 May 2017 00:03 #6984 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2018 VASC.
I'm fine with the situation as it is now. If the full time drivers were paired up, then the team-mates can't make or lose ground relative to each other, their points differential would be the same regardless of good result or bad. If the top 4 is still the same come the enduros, there will be a battle between those 4 cars instead of just 2.

More
24 May 2017 14:48 #6997 by Nardulas
Teams wouldn't have to pair drivers, I think someone like Red Bull would still consider keeping them in separate cars. But for a team like GRM, where young talent has always had a chance to catch their big break, if they put Tander & Moffat together, the second car could be used for young drivers without risking championship points for a full time driver.

I just think teams should be allowed to choose, give them the option. As it stands, teams are just trying to find the most experienced non full time driver, and young blokes are having to either do it as a wildcard entry or wait until they're a bit older. Remember when Lowndes stepped from Formula Ford into the Bathurst 1000? Or a young Junior Johnson back in '93?

More
25 May 2017 12:54 #7032 by CP
One thing I've enjoyed so far this year (yet there is still time to do it), is the lack of Danicamania type hype around Simona.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds