2018 Blancpain GT Series

• StueyB83
  • StueyB83's Avatar Topic Author
  • GT-Report.com
More
09 Feb 2018 12:04 - 09 Feb 2018 12:26 #10795 by StueyB83
StueyB83 created the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
With the first SRO event out of the way, it's time to focus on its main game: Blancpain GT

2018 is looking to be (in my humble opinion) the best one yet - with all manufacturers but Aston Martin and McLaren having cars built to the 2016 GT3 regulation (Although those two follow in next year).

We are also looking at a record number of manufacturers doing full programs in either BES or both:

Porsche returns to factory efforts with Manthey Racing and possibly Bernhard 75

Emil Frey ditches the old XKR in favour of running the Lexus RC-F fr the full season.

Rumours abound of JAS supporting or running the new NSX GT3

Bentley re-ups with a new build Continental GT3

Nissan re-ups with what is essentially a new build GT-R GT3 (it has a brand new homologation number)

EVO update kits for the BMW M6, Ferrari 488, Lexus RC-F and Porsche 991 GT3-R.

McLaren may potentially debut the new 720S GT3 by years end to replace the 650S.

R-Motorsport running a factory backed Aston Martin program - likely to develop talent prior to the new cars release.

Of note, there was talk of limiting the total Pro entries to 26 cars. This may likely be pushed.

So much to look forward to.

Mech Eng. & Scribe for GT-Report.com

For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2018 12:26 by StueyB83.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, Pierre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• StueyB83
  • GT-Report.com
More
09 Feb 2018 12:15 - 12 Feb 2018 10:54 #10796 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
Current Blancpain Season Entry list:

Both Series

Endurance Series

Aston Martin

R-Motorsport - 2x Vantage GT3

Audi

Audi Slovakia - 1x R8 LMS (Partial)

Bentley

M-Sport Bentley - 2x Continental GT3

BMW

N/A

Ferrari

N/A

Honda

N/A

Lamborghini

Ombra Racing - 1x Huracan GT3
Barwell Motorsports - 1x Huracan GT3

Lexus

Emil Frey - 2x RC-F GT3 Evo

McLaren

Garage 59 - 2x 650S GT3

Mercedes AMG

Strakka Racing - 3x AMG GT3

Nissan

Nissan NISMO by RJN - ?x GT-R GT3

Porsche

Manthey Racing - 1x 911 (991) GT3-R Evo

Sprint Series

For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 10:54 by StueyB83.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

More
09 Feb 2018 12:17 #10797 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
I think one of the main points behind Aston Martin having such a massive on track presence this year will be to show potential customers what the brand is capable, getting them excited about buying the new model for the following year.

Ferrari is getting an EVO too from what I recall.

With the new regs capping the amount of PRO cars I think you will see a much stronger PRO category because of it. Going back to the roots though having more Gents paying bills as opposed to Manufacturers.

Another GT category to watch this year will be ADAC, with 37 cars from 22 teams including some of the best GT teams around with both Ferrari and Honda competing, it will be a cracker of a year!!!
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, StueyB83

• StueyB83
  • GT-Report.com
More
09 Feb 2018 12:20 - 09 Feb 2018 12:23 #10798 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
Absolutely, Ryan.

To me, Aston is tooling up the skillset of the crews and drivers - because the driving dynamics of the next gen Vantage will be much, much different to the V12 so it's chalk and cheese car wise. The only thing that can be carried over is operational ability and professionalism.

The ADAC numbers are eye-popping for a sprint series. Makes you think why other series struggle to get so much interest? Its a Pro-Am format from memory?

I haven't even touched on Blancpain Asia - which I think will also grow this year, particularly with Suzuka.

Last Edit: 09 Feb 2018 12:23 by StueyB83.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Ryan Lee

More
22 Feb 2018 21:08 #10900 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
Wasn't sure whether to drop this here or in the sim thread. Anyway, neat.

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
23 Feb 2018 16:50 - 23 Feb 2018 16:50 #10905 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2018 Blancpain GT Series
I see Aston's increased involvement as a result of the WEC Super Season having more time between events for their drivers to do GT3 events and Blancpain is perfect for that. They'll want experienced drivers and a team for when the new car arrives later in the year and R Motorsport will most certainly switch to the new car late this year or next. I remember the last time Maxime Martin was last in an Aston GT3 and that was some good times!

Good to hear that the Jaguar will live on beside the two Lexus at Emil Frey. Be interested to see how the Lexus go on Pirelli rubber as up to now they've mostly been on other tires.

Porsche is back with only one car..but its a Manthey Porsche so one car is all they need to upset a few people.

Cant wait til it all kicks off at Paul Ricard for the test day in three weeks time
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2018 16:50 by Richo.
The following user(s) liked this post: porsche91722

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds