2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
09 Sep 2017 00:19 - 04 Oct 2017 10:26 #8796 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z created the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
With the recent announcements from Land Motorsport, Ian Lacy Racing and Black Swan Racing, I figured it's about time for a race thread.

Schedule (Times are Local)

Entries so far:
GT3
#9 K-Pax Racing- McLaren 650S GT3 Alvaro Parente, Bryan Sellers, Ben Barnicoat (Pro)
#11 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Robin Frijns, Stuart Leonard, Jake Dennis (Pro)
#17 GMG Racing- Porsche 911 GT3-R Alec Udell, Wolf Henzler (Pro)
#21 RJN Motorsport- Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Drivers TBA (Pro)
#22 RJN Motorsport- Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Drivers TBA (Pro)
#23 M1GT Racing- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Jason Bell, Lars Viljoen (Am)
#29 Land Motorsport- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Connor De Phillippi, Christopher Haase, Christopher Mies (Pro)
#43 Realtime Racing- Acura NSX GT3 Ryan Eversley, Tom Dyer, Dane Cameron (Pro)
#44 Magnus Racing- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Pierre Kaffer, Markus Winkelhock, Kelvin Van Der Linde (Pro)
#54 Black Swan Racing- Porsche 911 GT3-R Tim Pappas, Jeroen Bleekemolen, David Calvert-Jones (Pro-Am)
#58 Wright Motorsports- Porsche 911 GT3-R Patrick Long, Jorg Bergmeister, Romain Dumas (Pro)
#77 Calvert Dynamics/GMG Racing- Porsche 911 GT3-R Michael Lewis, Andrew Davis, Preston Calvert (Pro-Am)
#93 Realtime Racing- Acura NSX GT3 Peter Kox, Mark Wilkins, Jules Gounon (Pro)

GT4
#3 TRG-AMR Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 Craig Lyons, Kris Wilson, Thomas Merrill
#7 TRG-AMR Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 Greg Milzcik, Brandon Davis, Derek DeBoer
#8 GMG Racing- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Carter Yeung, Andy Lee
#12 Ian Lacy Racing- Ginetta G55 GT4 Drew Staveley, Frank Gannett, Ian Lacy
#26 Rearden Racing Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Jeff Kearl, TBA
#99 Automatic Racing- Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 Charles Espenlaub, Charlie Putman, Eric Lux
#117 Rearden Racing Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Hutton McKenna, Vesko Kozarov, Daren Jorgensen




Invitational
#193 MARC Cars Jake Camilleri, Nichoas Rowe,
#194 MARC Cars Keith Kassulke, Morgan Haber,
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2017 10:26 by Mechanic Z.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Miguel
  • Miguel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • GT REPORT
More
09 Sep 2017 08:11 #8797 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Mechanic Z wrote: Land Motorsport- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Connor De Phillippi, Christopher Haase, Christopher Mies


Might just as well cancel the race and hand the trophy to Land.
The following user(s) liked this post: porsche91722

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
10 Sep 2017 01:07 - 10 Sep 2017 01:08 #8809 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Miguel wrote:

Mechanic Z wrote: Land Motorsport- Audi R8 LMS GT3 Connor De Phillippi, Christopher Haase, Christopher Mies


Might just as well cancel the race and hand the trophy to Land.

Hey, not so fast! Some of the PWC teams rumored to be entering are among the best in the world! :)
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2017 01:08 by Mechanic Z.
The following user(s) liked this post: StueyB83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Miguel
  • Miguel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • GT REPORT
More
10 Sep 2017 04:29 #8810 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
They'll still have to prove themselves against the best in the world, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 11:14 #8823 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
This is a fair point: K-Pax did a pretty good job last year against Manthey and Phoenix @ Sepang - not so much in overall race pace but they were in with a shout.

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing
The following user(s) liked this post: Mechanic Z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 11:36 #8825 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Yeah K-Pax are a quality team, they haven't done much endurance stuff though.

If Cadillac Racing enter (I was under the impression they had announced their participation) then they will be very strong. Those cars are run by Pratt and Miller who run the Corvette Racing program, they will have a top driver lineup too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
11 Sep 2017 12:24 - 11 Sep 2017 12:35 #8828 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Richo wrote: Yeah K-Pax are a quality team, they haven't done much endurance stuff though.

If Cadillac Racing enter (I was under the impression they had announced their participation) then they will be very strong. Those cars are run by Pratt and Miller who run the Corvette Racing program, they will have a top driver lineup too.


The K-Pax cars are actually still run by Flying Lizard, so they have quite a bit of endurance experience. As of this year, the McLarens unfortunately don't use the Lizard name or public relations anymore, but the crew for the cars is still Flying Lizard.

Flying Lizard have also been rumored to be planning an entry with one of their Porsche GT4s, which are still run with the full Lizard name, crew, PR, etc.

Per Sportscar365, Always Evolving, Realtime Racing and Magnus Racing were all evaluating entries, as of a few weeks ago. S365 also suggested that Porsche may run an all-factory car with Wright Motorsports.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/interest-growing-for-california-8h/

Unfortunately, they also note that Cadillac has ruled out competing in the race.

Hopefully the estimates were accurate and the race gets a good final entry. :)
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2017 12:35 by Mechanic Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Miguel
  • Miguel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • GT REPORT
More
11 Sep 2017 19:11 #8831 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

StueyB83 wrote: This is a fair point: K-Pax did a pretty good job last year against Manthey and Phoenix @ Sepang - not so much in overall race pace but they were in with a shout.


The same Manthey and Phoenix that Land just took the VLN6 win from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2017 08:22 #8836 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Mechanic Z wrote:

Richo wrote: Yeah K-Pax are a quality team, they haven't done much endurance stuff though.

If Cadillac Racing enter (I was under the impression they had announced their participation) then they will be very strong. Those cars are run by Pratt and Miller who run the Corvette Racing program, they will have a top driver lineup too.


The K-Pax cars are actually still run by Flying Lizard, so they have quite a bit of endurance experience. As of this year, the McLarens unfortunately don't use the Lizard name or public relations anymore, but the crew for the cars is still Flying Lizard.

Flying Lizard have also been rumored to be planning an entry with one of their Porsche GT4s, which are still run with the full Lizard name, crew, PR, etc.

Per Sportscar365, Always Evolving, Realtime Racing and Magnus Racing were all evaluating entries, as of a few weeks ago. S365 also suggested that Porsche may run an all-factory car with Wright Motorsports.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/interest-growing-for-california-8h/

Unfortunately, they also note that Cadillac has ruled out competing in the race.

Hopefully the estimates were accurate and the race gets a good final entry. :)


Ah yes I forgot about the Lizards actually running the cars. Yes they do have quite a bit of endure experience indeed.

Shame about Cadillac, that would've been a nice comparison with the likes of Land for example. As a Ryan Eversley fan I hope that Realtime enter with the NSX.
The following user(s) liked this post: Mechanic Z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
12 Sep 2017 10:00 - 12 Sep 2017 10:01 #8839 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Miguel wrote:

StueyB83 wrote: This is a fair point: K-Pax did a pretty good job last year against Manthey and Phoenix @ Sepang - not so much in overall race pace but they were in with a shout.


The same Manthey and Phoenix that Land just took the VLN6 win from.

And Flying Lizard has a number of ALMS championships against the likes of Corvette Racing, Risi and BMW. ;) If the K-Pax cars do enter, it should be a good fight.
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2017 10:01 by Mechanic Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
12 Sep 2017 10:14 #8842 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15

Richo wrote:

Mechanic Z wrote:

Richo wrote: Yeah K-Pax are a quality team, they haven't done much endurance stuff though.

If Cadillac Racing enter (I was under the impression they had announced their participation) then they will be very strong. Those cars are run by Pratt and Miller who run the Corvette Racing program, they will have a top driver lineup too.


The K-Pax cars are actually still run by Flying Lizard, so they have quite a bit of endurance experience. As of this year, the McLarens unfortunately don't use the Lizard name or public relations anymore, but the crew for the cars is still Flying Lizard.

Flying Lizard have also been rumored to be planning an entry with one of their Porsche GT4s, which are still run with the full Lizard name, crew, PR, etc.

Per Sportscar365, Always Evolving, Realtime Racing and Magnus Racing were all evaluating entries, as of a few weeks ago. S365 also suggested that Porsche may run an all-factory car with Wright Motorsports.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/interest-growing-for-california-8h/

Unfortunately, they also note that Cadillac has ruled out competing in the race.

Hopefully the estimates were accurate and the race gets a good final entry. :)


Ah yes I forgot about the Lizards actually running the cars. Yes they do have quite a bit of endure experience indeed.

Shame about Cadillac, that would've been a nice comparison with the likes of Land for example. As a Ryan Eversley fan I hope that Realtime enter with the NSX.

The team has Laguna Seca listed on their website (as do KPax & Flying Lizard). That's always a good sign. :) http://realtimerl.com/schedule/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2017 18:37 #8850 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Tis a good sign :) . Super Peter has gotten a bit older but hes still a winner.

It sucks that Absolute wont enter with the Bentleys. It'd be great if M Sport did a Bathurst 12hr and entered their two cars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2017 08:46 #8859 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Listening to this weeks Double Stint podcast from Sportscar365 Ratel mentioned several European teams wanting to attend as well as some Australian teams. Im guessing he's referring to the Marc entries which is cool. For a moment there I forgot about them and was wondering which GT competitors would be keen to make the trip over. Can't see anyone else making the journey from here, haven't heard anything regarding that.

Good to see the Marc cars entered though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2017 08:55 - 13 Sep 2017 09:00 #8860 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
I'm really hoping that M-Sport is one of the European teams he referenced, since there was at least some interest there.
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2017 09:00 by Mechanic Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
14 Sep 2017 03:23 - 14 Sep 2017 03:24 #8877 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Confirmation that Realtime will indeed be running both their Acuras in the California 8 hrs, and their current PWC pilots are probably going to be among the drivers: http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/realtime-enters-two-acuras-for-california-8h-evaluating-tcr-for-18/
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2017 03:24 by Mechanic Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2017 12:42 #8883 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Awesome! I hope hang onto Super Peter and Eversley for next years program along with the NSXs. It wouldn't be a weird thing seeing Realtime back in touring cars as they've done that before with much success but it'd nice to see them still in PWC with those beautiful NSX GT3
The following user(s) liked this post: Mechanic Z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
15 Sep 2017 08:54 #8889 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
GMG Racing has announced two more California 8 hr entries; another GT3-R and a GT4 Cayman: http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/gmg-confirms-three-car-porsche-entry-for-california-8h/

Pretty excited about the Alec Udell and Wolf Henzler combination in the Pro GT3-R. Udell is super fast, Henzler is obviously an ace and GMG knows how to prep quick Porsches. This car could be a serious contender for the race win.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, StueyB83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
20 Sep 2017 11:51 #8979 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Realtime has announced their lineups: http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/cameron-gounon-complete-realtime-acura-lineup-for-california-8h/

#43: Eversley, Dyer, Cameron
#93: Kox, Wilkins, Gounon
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, StueyB83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2017 16:04 #8982 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Realtime have chosen well in regards to third drivers in Cameron and Gounon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mechanic Z
  • Mechanic Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
21 Sep 2017 08:47 #8988 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2017 Laguna Seca California 8 Hours Oct 13-15
Magnus Racing seems to be entering at least one of their cars, per N24 and Aussie GT race winner Kelvin Van Der Linde: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZOiHaolZf9/?taken-by=kelvinvanderlinde

Looks like the lineup is Magnus regular Pierre Kaffer, plus Markus Winkelhock and Van Der Linde.

No official confirmation from the team yet, but this is at the end of their last press release:

While the 2017 Pirelli World Challenge season has come to a close, Magnus Racing’s efforts are actually not finished yet, with a soon-to-be-announced program coming soon, and the team already hard at work in preparation.

http://www.magnusracing.com/news/
The following user(s) liked this post: StueyB83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum