2017 Blancpain Series.

More
10 Mar 2017 23:53 #5433 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
Excellent. The 488 is a favourite of mine, but there seems to be a lack of them compared to other manufacturers like Audi, McLaren and Mercedes for example. The hefty price tag probably has something to do with it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2017 07:23 #5451 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
13 Mar 2017 09:07 - 13 Mar 2017 09:09 #5454 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
I don't know if it's something I have missed, but Jon Venter (Aussie who's been racing Bentley's in GT Asia) is on the list in a WRT Audi!
Last Edit: 13 Mar 2017 09:09 by Ryan Lee.

More
13 Mar 2017 13:37 #5457 by porsche91722
porsche91722 replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
Wow, if that list of teams and drivers doesn't get you excited about the upcoming Blancpain season, nothing will. Although I'm a massive WEC fan, this has got to be the best overall motorsport series on the planet, IMO.

"At the end of the day, endurance racing is the ultimate test for man and machine and that hasn’t changed a bit in the last 50 years" - Chris Amon
porsche91722.wordpress.com/

More
13 Mar 2017 15:08 #5458 by Ryan Lee
that will be just the start mate! there is numerous cars and names missing from the list. It will be a massive category this year and i'm seriously excited for it!

What intrigues me is that there is no Porsche (PRO) entry, this either means there is more to come, or, Porsche aren't interested in the Spa24. If you wish to run a PRO car in the Spa24 you must run at least two cars with at least one being a PRO entry in each round of the GT Series. It baffles me seeing such a strong car with such a healthy driver lineup to pull from that there is no entry here in a factory status.

More
13 Mar 2017 15:57 #5462 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
Anyone willing to pick a championship winner?

I reckon the Kaspersky Ferrari could spoil the German giants' domination...

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2017 16:00 #5463 by maverick

James3592 wrote: Anyone willing to pick a championship winner?

I reckon the Kaspersky Ferrari could spoil the German giants' domination...

I actually haven't had a thorough look at the field, but will in order to dominate you blokes in the forum comp :P

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
13 Mar 2017 16:19 #5464 by Ryan Lee
That Kaspersky car is definitely one of the more formidable lineups on the grid. Whether it's strong enough throughout the year is the real question. The Yellow Ferrari was insanely quick at times last year (ie. Paul Ricard chasing down SVG in the final stages) but other times, it was no where to be seen.

I honestly think there is still some way to go as far as the teams and lineups are concerned. Another 60+ grid this year should be expected for the Endurance series. Main case in point, there is only two WRT Audi's and HTP Merc's, Half of what they have announced they are running this year. Good to see that McLaren are taking it seriously having all 4 of their Strakka Macca's out for a drive in the French country side. WRT and HTP (plus more i'm sure) spent a few days testing at Misano last week which i'm sure is why there is a reduced number at Paul Ricard. Misano being rd.1 also has a bit more relevance

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2017 19:11 #5471 by maverick

The following user(s) liked this post: Ryan Lee

More
13 Mar 2017 19:35 #5472 by Ryan Lee
A serious statement by McLaren! Missing Parente and SVG in the Endurance series will be a blow, there are still some seriously strong names there and a good mix of academy and experience! Picking up Jaafar from the strong #84 HTP car last year is a good move too as he performed well above what i had expected!

More
13 Mar 2017 20:58 #5474 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
Is anyone aware of any way to check out live timing for the test days? I tried their website but there wasn't anything useful there - not even an entry list

More
13 Mar 2017 21:27 #5475 by Ryan Lee
there probably wont be any live timing. I wouldn't worry about it anyway as it's only testing.

I would be looking for the DSC wrap-ups from each day. They are pretty comprehensive and tell you all the important stuff from the days of testing.

More
13 Mar 2017 23:33 #5477 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.
www.dailysportscar.com/2017/03/13/183898.html

Motul backed RJN Nissans - everything is right with the world.

Makes you wonder what the hell the B12hr partnership with Total for the whole "Nissan Genuine Oils" means if the Motul is still around in its racing programs with strong presence.

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

More
14 Mar 2017 05:26 #5480 by Ryan Lee
Yeah you're not wrong! B12hr #24 just seems random as hell now!

More
14 Mar 2017 05:38 #5482 by Ryan Lee
Blancpain Endurance Series entry list confirmed HERE

• Richo
  • Away
More
14 Mar 2017 07:57 - 14 Mar 2017 07:58 #5483 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.

StueyB83 wrote: www.dailysportscar.com/2017/03/13/183898.html

Motul backed RJN Nissans - everything is right with the world.

Makes you wonder what the hell the B12hr partnership with Total for the whole "Nissan Genuine Oils" means if the Motul is still around in its racing programs with strong presence.

Motul has been sponsoring Nissan in Super GT for years now so Im guessing the Total partnership was maybe an Australia only thing? It does seem bit odd, youd think head office would say we only have official lubricant supplier as not to confuse customers and other people dealing with Nissan.

My pick for Blancpain Series glory would be either the Kaspersky Ferrari or one of the WRT Audis. HTP could be in with a chance if they pair up Max Buhk with Baumann again like last year. It would be cool if Buhk and Max Gotz were reunited because those two Max were max awesome haha. A very strong pairing indeed. The lead Nissan and the two factory Bentleys will definitely play a big part in the Endurance Series, Lamborghini should be fast but erratic like last year also.

Sportscar 365 were alluding to a twelfth manufacturer joining the series later in the year-Lexus?
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2017 07:58 by Richo.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Mar 2017 08:35 - 14 Mar 2017 19:19 #5488 by maverick
A chat with Matt Simmons and don't miss the opportunity to ask him a question or two and/or congratulate him in our Q & A thread.

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1625..._id.1625341460816983

Last Edit: 14 Mar 2017 19:19 by maverick.

More
15 Mar 2017 06:06 #5506 by Ryan Lee
I'm not sure what I think about this, sure, I'm happy to see more cars but it's not really in the spirit of it is it.

sportscar365.com/sro/blancpain-gt/nissan...pa-under-igtc-rules/

More
15 Mar 2017 06:58 #5507 by porsche91722
porsche91722 replied the topic: 2017 Blancpain Series.

Ryan Lee wrote: I'm not sure what I think about this, sure, I'm happy to see more cars but it's not really in the spirit of it is it.

sportscar365.com/sro/blancpain-gt/nissan...pa-under-igtc-rules/

It would be nice to see them compete as a team for the whole year, particularly as the Blancpain series is now the best GT3 series in the world, and that's not even debatable, but they are everywhere racing in the GT world, WEC and IMSA. No one could argue a case for lack of commitment by Porsche in world motorsport. They must have a cast of thousands in their motorsport department.

"At the end of the day, endurance racing is the ultimate test for man and machine and that hasn’t changed a bit in the last 50 years" - Chris Amon
porsche91722.wordpress.com/

More
15 Mar 2017 14:08 #5512 by Ryan Lee
I'm not questioning their commitment, more whether they should be able to do this as it's not really in the spirit of the rules. Likewise for Nissan.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds