2017 Australian GT Championship.

More
20 Sep 2016 17:46 - 21 Sep 2016 11:59 #1577 by JDM80
JDM80 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

StueyB83 wrote: It's well known that Trofeo have a soft spot for the Vette's - especially the Callaway products - they stuck with the z06.r for years.

It would be of no surprise if they are the interest - even if it's no longer active since acquiring the Huracan.. They could possibly acquire one all the same! Maybe its someone else out of the blue who's a big Vette fan?

Trofeo is official Lambo factory GT3 supplier in Aus so unlikely a new vette for them. Team did sell Z06R and 458 prior to Huracan arriving btw. Word is Andrew Mcpherson signed up for second Lambo arriving next month.

When I think of potential Vette owners I immediately think of current owners of the Reiter Lambos. Rullo family, M Motorsport and Roger Lago are all possible candidates or Erebus even???

Sorry let me clarify- 3 Huracan's ordered by Trofeo,
1X Jim Manolis
2x Andrew MchPherson
3x Owner to TBC
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2016 11:59 by JDM80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 20:02 #1581 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Im lead to believe that the McPherson Huracan is already here, Im sure I saw a unpainted car freshly landed and it wasnt the Trofeo car either.

Scudd please dont buy a Huracan, that R-Ex is a thing of beauty in your teams livery. :)

Erebus look to have chosen well with the AMG so I cant see them switching to a Corvette even though they run a Holden in V8s these days.

Rullos, McMillan-who knows??

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Sep 2016 09:38 #1591 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

Richo wrote: Im lead to believe that the McPherson Huracan is already here, Im sure I saw a unpainted car freshly landed and it wasnt the Trofeo car either.

Scudd please dont buy a Huracan, that R-Ex is a thing of beauty in your teams livery. :)

Erebus look to have chosen well with the AMG so I cant see them switching to a Corvette even though they run a Holden in V8s these days.

I believe JDM is telling us the McPherson might have a second Lambo Rich.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
22 Sep 2016 20:05 #1624 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

maverick wrote:

Richo wrote: Im lead to believe that the McPherson Huracan is already here, Im sure I saw a unpainted car freshly landed and it wasnt the Trofeo car either.

I believe JDM is telling us the McPherson might have a second Lambo Rich.

Cheers. I mustve misread that. The more the merrier!!

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Sep 2016 16:29 - 25 Sep 2016 16:30 #1649 by maverick

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 25 Sep 2016 16:30 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: velly4

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Oct 2016 18:59 - 04 Oct 2016 18:59 #1806 by maverick

Last Edit: 04 Oct 2016 18:59 by maverick.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Oct 2016 09:39 #2158 by maverick
TQ even gives the "niche event" another run.

www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/30/shannons-re...-gt-enduro-calendar/

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Nov 2016 10:13 #2208 by maverick

More
04 Nov 2016 15:11 #2267 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
AUSTRALIAN GT CONTINUES TO GROW WITH ADDITION OF GT4 IN 2017
Australian GT continues to grow as the CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series welcomes a new class for GT4 machinery from the 2017 season.
To date Australian GT racing has focussed on GT3 and invitational entries, though from next season the burgeoning GT4 class will be an exciting new addition to Australian circuits.
“We expect that the number of GT4 cars will increase significantly over the next few years as the manufacturers offer very good race packages including reasonably priced cars which have longer major service intervals and overall lower running costs,” said Australian GT manager Ken Collier.
“The existing GT4 cars in Australia are already eligible and we will add the new GT4 cars to the list,” Collier added.
The continuing growth in GT racing globally has seen increased demand from competitors and interest from manufacturers, resulting in a range of world class cars with an increasing range of GT4 specification options.
“We already have GT4s from Aston Martin, McLaren, KTM, Porsche, Lotus and Ginetta either in Australia or known to be coming in,” said Mr Collier.
“I have a tip that at least one of the recently announced Mustang GT4s will be ordered and there is talk about a couple of BMWs also being involved.”
The new GT4 class will be open to any car which has homologation and an SRO Balance of Performance, adding to the incredible diversity Australian GT racing boasts.
The CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series is just the starting point too, with Mr Collier predicting a bright future for GT4 racing in Australia.
“When the GT4 competitor numbers are enough we will look to include them into the Championship races, in their own class,” he said.
“It is possible that this could be as early as 2017 for the Australian Endurance Championship and 2018 for the Australian GT Championship.”
GT4 racing has been designed as an alternative way to go GT racing with a lower entry point. Cars more closely resemble their production models from which they are based, with world leading automotive manufacturers having already produced an array of eligible cars.
The CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series enjoyed an enormously successful debut season in 2016, holding five rounds in conjunction with the Shannons Nationals.
Audi R8 Ultra driver Rob Smith won the title in his Southern Star Developments entry, while Scott Hookey claimed Challenge class in the Exotic Track Days Ferrari 458 Challenge.
Jake Camilleri wrapped up the MARC Class title too in a dominant performance that saw him crowned at the penultimate round at Queensland Raceway.
Heading into 2017 the addition of the all-new GT4 class, plus the introduction of a new wave of GT3 machinery, will see the CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series take another decisive step forward, adding ever increasing depth and variety.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Nov 2016 19:21 #2270 by maverick
Geez mate your once upon a time little Championship is really going places. Great news.

More
04 Nov 2016 19:40 #2271 by MatCoch
It's a great development, and I know I'm biased but it opens it up for so many new cars, drivers and teams. I'm hanging out for 2017, and 2016 hasn't event finished yet!

Roll on Highlands, roll on 2017!

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Nov 2016 07:05 - 13 Nov 2016 07:05 #2377 by maverick

Last Edit: 13 Nov 2016 07:05 by maverick.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Nov 2016 19:34 - 13 Nov 2016 19:36 #2402 by maverick
GT's to run mainly at Shannons rounds and the 2017 calendar.

www.speedcafe.com/?p=332382

Last Edit: 13 Nov 2016 19:36 by maverick.

More
13 Nov 2016 20:21 #2404 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

maverick wrote: GT's to run mainly at Shannons rounds and the 2017 calendar.

www.speedcafe.com/?p=332382

This is big, brave and ballsy. I commend TQ for one on not selling the series when asked, and taking it to bigger things. I will throw my support behind it by going and watching when I can!

I also appreciate not having to pay the V8SC ticket price for to watch the SMP round and paying the nationals prices!

We'll be lucky next year. GT4 is getting better - GT3 this year was phenomenal (Although I worry about the costs going up!).. I hope that some of the GT3 runners stay in it.

If its any indication our neighbours across the ditch are also doing a great job weaponising themselves with GT3 machinery!

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

More
13 Nov 2016 21:33 #2406 by Alan53
Alan53 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
The only reservation I have about this is the quality of the TV coverage.The Speedweek coverage of the Phillip Island 1 hour races in particular was diabolical possibly the worst editing I have ever seen of a motor race.If you watch that coverage again online notice that there is nothing in the commentary or graphics to give you any idea of what is happening in the race except for during the first and last lap.The rest is just seemingly randomly following dices with no sense of whether it is for first place or 14th.The first time I watched it I found it so poor that I went back and watched it again just to make sure it was that poor and lacking in information.It was.
The 101 coverage was marginally better but only marginally.The Speedweek editing style is designed around 20 minute races for fields of less than 15 cars.Anything different does not work very well.
In 2017 over 20 hours on the Speedweek schedule will open up with the rumoured demise of the Formula Xtreme motorcycle series.GT should negotiate a deal with AVE separate to their Speedweek deal to get 2 hours coverage of each of the 101 races and 1 hour at least of the GT races at the QR Nationals meeting.

More
13 Nov 2016 21:49 #2408 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
I know what I'm doing on the second weekend of July ;)

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Nov 2016 16:22 #2424 by maverick

James3592 wrote: I know what I'm doing on the second weekend of July ;)

Yeah that :)

More
14 Nov 2016 17:12 - 14 Nov 2016 17:12 #2426 by MatCoch
Just touched down back from New Zealand and thought I'd add what detail I can at this point.

From 2017 Australian GT will be the headline act at Shannons Nationals. We have struck a deal with Clipsham 500 and Australian GP and have an agreement to race in Tasmania. Wherever possible events will have a better live stream than ever with a lot of our focus in the off-season looking at exactly how we do that. While I don't have a lot of details what I can tell you is we will have the biggest and best coverage ever in 2017.

From my end 2016 was extremely busy, and 2017 will only be bigger - including a totally revamped website. For now, I think I'm going to sleep while I can!

Last Edit: 14 Nov 2016 17:12 by MatCoch.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Nov 2016 17:41 #2427 by maverick

MatCoch wrote: Just touched down back from New Zealand and thought I'd add what detail I can at this point.

From 2017 Australian GT will be the headline act at Shannons Nationals. We have struck a deal with Clipsham 500 and Australian GP and have an agreement to race in Tasmania. Wherever possible events will have a better live stream than ever with a lot of our focus in the off-season looking at exactly how we do that. While I don't have a lot of details what I can tell you is we will have the biggest and best coverage ever in 2017.

From my end 2016 was extremely busy, and 2017 will only be bigger - including a totally revamped website. For now, I think I'm going to sleep while I can!

Looking forward to next season and thanks for your efforts this year.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Nov 2016 04:42 #2429 by maverick

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds