Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.

More
09 Dec 2017 08:58 #9785 by Nadz44
Nadz44 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Being a Daytona and a dodge, should nickname them :Double D's..... More then a handful.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2017 11:08 #9787 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Be interested to see who gets a seat and in which car. I've heard there was some handy steerers who put their hands up for a drive

More
12 Dec 2017 10:39 #9828 by cossie55
cossie55 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Daytona sportscars announce driver line up for their two car assault on the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour.

With the decision made to run two cars in the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour, Richard Bendell, owner of Daytona sportscars realised that we needed some new drivers to take the team forward. The team decided to sponsor 2/3 of the cost of the event for each driver to ensure that we could attract the very best drivers to the team, without money holding quality drivers back.
As soon as entries opened for the drive, Daytona sportscars were inundated with driver resumes from all over the country, and overseas for this opportunity. The difficult task of selecting the drivers came down to a final drive off at Phillip Island.

All of the drivers at the test day did a fantastic job, showing the amount of driving talent available if the opportunity is right. Unfortunately for some of the drivers, we couldn’t take them all, even though everyone tested would have been capable of racing in the 12 hour.
Finally, we have been able to confirm all of the drivers and announce the following driver line ups.

Dodge Viper:
• Ben Schoots
• Adam Macrow
• Michael Caine
Daytona Coupe:
• Jamie Augustine
• Dylan Thomas
• Rhys Howell

Each of the drivers have shown considerable skills in their areas of motorsport and are most deserving of the drive. This exciting team of racers is looking forward to a successful 12 hour and are aiming for a 1-2 in Class I in 2018.

Car specifications:
Dodge Viper:
• Engine Type: V10
• Capacity: 8.4l
• Top Speed: 291km/h (rpm limited)
• Engine rev limit: 6200
• Fastest lap time: 2:09.7 (event limited)
• Horsepower: 730hp @ 6000rpm
• Weight: 1400kg

Daytona Coupe:
• Engine Type: V8
• Capacity: 7.0l
• Top Speed: 306km/h
• Engine rev limit: 6800
• Fastest lap time: 2:10.8 (event limited)
• Horsepower: 720hp @ 6700rpm
• Weight: 1250kg
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, Mosport Fan, Pierre, Dazza, Nardulas

More
12 Dec 2017 12:29 #9829 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Macrow is a gun, I look forward to seeing you guys tackle the mountain. Are the cars maintaining the blue and white liveries? (asking as a photographer)

Photographer for hire.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
12 Dec 2017 15:07 #9831 by cossie55
cossie55 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
yes, the cars are going to both be white and blue as the team look.

Macrow is an awesome driver, we had him in the car when I worked at Ford Performance Racing many years ago. It was a real shame that he didnt get the full time steer when the opportunity came around, but sometimes it just works out that way.

We are so pleased to have him and I think it is a really strong team with him.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Dec 2017 16:22 #9833 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
A couple of talented line-ups Jamie and now there's the expectation and pressure to perform.
We'll be behind you guy's 100%.
If you want to donate toward the sponsorship of the Daytona Coupe, please let me know on here or PM me.
Looking to have all money in by mid January.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
12 Dec 2017 17:39 #9836 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.

cossie55 wrote: Daytona Coupe:
• Jamie Augustine
Dylan Thomas
• Rhys Howell

I'm pretty sure I went to school with Dylan back in '91/'92! Same school and same vintage according to Facebook. I had no idea he was a racer.

More
13 Dec 2017 10:03 #9846 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.

mayhem wrote: Macrow is a gun, I look forward to seeing you guys tackle the mountain. Are the cars maintaining the blue and white liveries? (asking as a photographer)

Great to see him with the Daytona guys too.

Congrats Jamie you've got two good lineups there can't wait to hear the Daytona rumbling around the Mountain again and also the Viper, I was going through my photos from this years race and it was a nice reminder of how good it is to have a Viper in the race. Beautiful cars.

Good luck with the prep

More
13 Dec 2017 10:04 #9847 by Richo

Pierre wrote:

cossie55 wrote: Daytona Coupe:
• Jamie Augustine
Dylan Thomas
• Rhys Howell

I'm pretty sure I went to school with Dylan back in '91/'92! Same school and same vintage according to Facebook. I had no idea he was a racer.

Small world!

I believe Dylan is SP2511's uncle

More
13 Dec 2017 10:36 #9849 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Well that's just ridiculous.

More
18 Dec 2017 13:15 #9969 by cossie55
yes, we are happy with the line up. Adam is a really great addition, such great endurance race experience.

The other guys all tested well, so fingers crossed for the event that they will be able to perform just as well at the event.

We have our final test day on the 18th of Jan at the open pit lane test at phillip island.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Dec 2017 19:08 #10039 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
We'll need to get the money in a little earlier than first thought, so if you can let me know on here or by PM by early January it would be much appreciated.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Dec 2017 16:07 #10106 by maverick
No pressure on anyone to donate, but if you wish to we need the money in within the next 10-14 days.

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jan 2018 17:41 #10174 by maverick
About a week to go to get your $$$ in.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Jan 2018 17:47 #10184 by maverick
Donater's so far and a huge thanks.

Maverick $500
Mosport fan $200
Kiwikid $50
Bennythejet $100
goat $100
jdyort $70
Pierre $170

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, Mosport Fan, kiwikid_1

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Jan 2018 16:24 - 05 Jan 2018 16:24 #10194 by maverick
Updated contributor's so far.
Only about 4-5 days to go until the cut off, so all contributions are most welcome.

Maverick $500
Mosport fan $200
Kiwikid $50
Bennythejet $100
goat $100
jdyort $70
Pierre $170
Richo $50
KSM86 $500 :woohoo:

Last Edit: 05 Jan 2018 16:24 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: kiwikid_1

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Jan 2018 20:29 #10201 by maverick

maverick wrote: Updated contributor's so far.
Only about 4-5 days to go until the cut off, so all contributions are most welcome.

Maverick $500
Mosport fan $200
Kiwikid $50
Bennythejet $100
goat $100
jdyort $70
Pierre $170
Richo $50
KSM86 $500 :woohoo:

Nardulas $20

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Jan 2018 09:18 - 07 Jan 2018 09:19 #10207 by maverick
With only a few days left to donate, a reminder that the smallest amounts are most welcome as it would be great to get to $2,000.
Updated list and a big thanks.

Maverick $500
Mosport fan $200
Kiwikid $50
Bennythejet $100
goat $100
jdyort $70
Pierre $170
Richo $50
KSM86 $500
Nardulas $20
Stuey $70

Last Edit: 07 Jan 2018 09:19 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: Pierre

More
08 Jan 2018 12:21 #10221 by DAYTONA 1
DAYTONA 1 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Hi guys, thanks very much for your contribution, it's very much appreciated.
We will try our hardest.
BTW does anyone have a Shakedown logo in EPS format so we can have it printed on our team tee shirts ?
You are all welcome to visit us in the pits.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

More
08 Jan 2018 12:50 #10222 by Pierre

DAYTONA 1 wrote: BTW does anyone have a Shakedown logo in EPS format so we can have it printed on our team tee shirts ?

Yep! I will send it through to the email address you signed up with.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds