Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

More
25 Jul 2017 19:57 #8270 by Shane001
Shane001 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Here's a couple ;)

What was AGT's involvement in CAMS failed attempts to ban GT3 and GT4 vehicles from racing in other categories and events?
What was AGT's position on this once it became obvious how unpopular this was going to be?
What is AGT's position on this in the future? Do they support CAMS introducing restrictions for next year?

:)
The following user(s) liked this post: Nath, Nardulas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2017 23:33 #8273 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Could we see an AGT race on the streets of Newcastle in the coming years? I would love to see the series at my home race. :)

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

More
26 Jul 2017 02:01 #8275 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
1.) 12 months ago, there were several GT4 announcements about local teams taking on manufacturers agencies. To the best of my knowledge they haven't resulted in much action, although there could be cars being ordered or planned that are not yet publicized. Media and scuttlebutt has partly put this down to the recent uncertainty following the CAMS GT3 debacle. Is there enough going on behind the scenes that will allow a GT4 class to be put up in AGT; and would they run as a separate class in AGT, AGT Endurance, or AGT Trophy?

2.) When VASC was up for sale, there were media reports that 1 buyer was interested only if it was packaged with AGT. Was that ever on the table?

3.) How long before a potential 2018 calendar will be available for the 3 series?

4.) I'm with Brad on AGT merchandise - bring it on! However, maybe I've been in the right place at the right time as I have bought an AGT black t-shirt at PI, and a red AGT jacket (years ago) at Sandown. Looking for a polo ....

5.) Is AGT ever looking for volunteers to perform duties at the rounds? Someone locally based that can assist in basic roles? I'm available for PI, Sandown, and maybe Winton!!!

More
26 Jul 2017 06:25 #8277 by P1 Racing
P1 Racing replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
1) Is Code 60 or Virtual Safety Car an area that AGT is investigating for its Sprint and Endurance Series events?
2) Is running at 7.30am on a Saturday morning the best way to showcase the AGT?
3) Can we see the AGT Endurance Series on more Shannons Nationals events in 2018?

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
26 Jul 2017 08:14 #8278 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

Shane001 wrote: Here's a couple ;)

What was AGT's involvement in CAMS failed attempts to ban GT3 and GT4 vehicles from racing in other categories and events?
What was AGT's position on this once it became obvious how unpopular this was going to be?
What is AGT's position on this in the future? Do they support CAMS introducing restrictions for next year?

Good luck getting a (meaningful) answer to those questions, if they're even asked. Worth trying, though.

More
26 Jul 2017 09:36 #8285 by Shane001
Shane001 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

Miguel wrote:

Shane001 wrote: Here's a couple ;)

Good luck getting a (meaningful) answer to those questions, if they're even asked. Worth trying, though.

lol true, would have to be asked tactfully, might trigger a walkout ;)

More
26 Jul 2017 16:52 #8289 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Thanks for this Mat!

My questions;

1. Is AGT still looking to utilise the current driver time ruleset going into 2018? Will there be any developments of this?

2. Are you still looking to expand the calendar to run in TAS and southern QLD? Will there be more races in NSW??

3. Are you assessing any opportunities to co-host an event with an Asian GT series operator (now that GT Asia is no more?)

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

• Mosport Fan
  • Transplanted Canadian in Oz.
More
03 Aug 2017 18:00 #8398 by Mosport Fan
Mosport Fan replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
If there's room for 2 still, I will join.

Sorry it's been a while fellow Shakedowners, had a busy 2017 so far with courses and exams to write in between work....

More
04 Aug 2017 10:09 - 04 Aug 2017 10:10 #8400 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

Mosport Fan wrote: If there's room for 2 still, I will join.

Sorry it's been a while fellow Shakedowners, had a busy 2017 so far with courses and exams to write in between work....

We ended up short numberswise P, however Mat has organised for us to post any questions and they'll get back to us.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2017 10:10 by maverick.

• MatCoch
  • MatCoch's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2017 09:48 #8407 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
I'm going to try and record this over the weekend so get your questions in quick!

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

More
05 Aug 2017 11:16 #8408 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Come on guys, don't waste this opportunity.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
05 Aug 2017 12:33 - 05 Aug 2017 12:39 #8410 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Thanks for organising this Mat,

Q1. Would there ever be a chance of having an Australian GT round at Bathurst supporting the 1000?
Q2. Is there plans on extending any of the Australian GT calendars in 2018? (i.e.. having a round at Darwin or maybe Bend Motorsport Park or even on the streets of the Gold Coast or Newcastle?
Q3. Are there any major plans for the future in terms of AEC and AGT having more independent rounds?
Q4. Does Australian GT have any say in the track schedules for the Supercars events and when you want your sessions?

Q5. Would SRO be able to organise an event similar to what Carrera Cup Aus does with its Asia counterparts. Having Blancpain Europe teams and Blancpain Asia teams come over to participate in a combined event on Australian soil? Or is that perhaps what the new Hampton Downs 12 Hour event is for?

Once again, thank you Mat and thank you Australian GT for having the best motorsport category in the nation.:)
Best,
Slade.

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2017 12:39 by SP2511.

More
07 Aug 2017 09:07 #8414 by TCR
TCR replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
When are we going to see some good Australian GT merchandise?

More
10 Aug 2017 15:06 #8435 by Fast Eddie
Fast Eddie replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
How much Technical Support do the various Factories i.e. The Manufacturer's supply to the Team's. Do they have personnel based here in Australia or do they travel out from Europe/U.K. just before each Round of the A.G.T.?

More
10 Aug 2017 16:23 #8438 by P1 Racing
P1 Racing replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Is online streaming (currently only available for Shannons National Rounds) part of Australian GTs media strategy moving forward (2018 and beyond)?

• MatCoch
  • MatCoch's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2017 21:44 #8443 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Thanks all for your questions.

I'll be putting them to Ken over the SMP weekend and will create a video post-event with the responses.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

More
18 Sep 2017 15:19 #8965 by Fast Eddie
Fast Eddie replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
I understand that this Thread isn't "active" now, or is it? I've got a question/s regarding those LED Front Screen numerals. Is there anything preventing them from being used like they are in other GT Championships i.e. the position the car is in the Race (not just duplicating the already permanent race car numbers) and secondly, can A.G.T. change the way they're used in Compulsory Pit Stops in maybe the reverse countdown order to how is it now?

Thanks, Eddie.
The following user(s) liked this post: Dazza

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds