Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

• MatCoch
  • MatCoch's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2017 13:44 #8041 by MatCoch
MatCoch created the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
We're looking to offer an exclusive Q&A session with Australian GT manager Ken Collier and Australian GT owner Tony Quinn.

Where: Sydney Motorsport Park
When: Saturday afternoon, following Round 2 of the CAMS Australian Endurance Championship
Time: TBC

It will be a busy time but if we get enough people confirming they'll be there we will run a session. Realistically, we need about 20 people.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, Nath, Pierre, StueyB83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2017 15:00 #8043 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
I'd be quite keen to attend this as I will be at SMP for the 101

More
11 Jul 2017 16:26 #8047 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

Richo wrote: I'd be quite keen to attend this as I will be at SMP for the 101

Excellent initiative! One that I'm now REALLY bummed that I can't go to SMP due to family commitments...

I'll have to give Richo or Slade my question sheet...

Don't waste this opportunity guys! B)

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

More
11 Jul 2017 16:27 - 11 Jul 2017 16:29 #8048 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
That would be terrific Mat if this could be organised and I'd definitely be keen.
If any of our members have friends who are keen on attending, then I'm sure Mat would be fine with that, however we want people who are genuinely interested in the local GT scene and not glass half empty naysayers.
If your a lurker to the forum and would like to attend if it goes ahead, join up and let yourself be known.
There are lots of rumours and mistruths getting around, so this would be a unique opportunity to find out what is going on with your local GT series.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 16:29 by maverick.

• MatCoch
More
11 Jul 2017 17:46 #8052 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
I will record the session and make it available in the days after, but I can't stress enough the need to get numbers so we can make it happen.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: Dazza

More
11 Jul 2017 18:25 #8054 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Count me in.

More
11 Jul 2017 19:58 #8056 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Put my name down please Mat, I would be really interested in this.

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/

More
12 Jul 2017 20:26 #8072 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
As if the race itself wasn't initiative enough to make me drive down from Dubbo... Count me in!

More
12 Jul 2017 20:34 #8073 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
I would love to be able to attend however duty in the BIG MAC precludes same. Can I send a proxy with somebody to ensure the minimum number required!
I look forward to Mat's report and those of others attending.
The 101 should be great and if last year was any indication it will have a lot of twists and turns before the chequered flag comes down.

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.

• MatCoch
More
13 Jul 2017 13:06 #8081 by MatCoch
I'm all for friends, relatives, the next door neighbour and the bloke from the pub joining us to get minimum numbers.

More
13 Jul 2017 15:49 #8086 by Cozzy858
Cozzy858 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Most likely count me in and probably a friend or 2 if allowed :)

More
14 Jul 2017 15:21 - 14 Jul 2017 15:49 #8101 by maverick
Members who have put their hand up to attend at this stage:

Richo
KSM86
SP2511 x 2
Maverick
Fast Eddie
Nath (possibly friend)
Cozzie858 (possibly friend(s)
Nardulas
Pierre

We need more people guys, so if you know anyone who may be interested on attending, please post here.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2017 15:49 by maverick.

More
17 Jul 2017 17:16 #8146 by maverick
Getting to the critical stage regarding having enough interest for this to eventuate.
If you know of any others who would be interested in attending, please let us know asap.

More
18 Jul 2017 13:29 #8160 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A

maverick wrote: Getting to the critical stage regarding having enough interest for this to eventuate.
If you know of any others who would be interested in attending, please let us know asap.

Eh, I can't promise anything but I will see, maybe I can bring along a few more people....My uncle is racing Toyota 86's at the SMP round and all of his mechanics and crew are pretty interested in GT's so they might be willing to come along. Put me down X5 Mav.

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/

More
18 Jul 2017 14:40 #8163 by maverick

SP2511 wrote:

maverick wrote: Getting to the critical stage regarding having enough interest for this to eventuate.

Eh, I can't promise anything but I will see, maybe I can bring along a few more people....My uncle is racing Toyota 86's at the SMP round and all of his mechanics and crew are pretty interested in GT's so they might be willing to come along. Put me down X5 Mav.

Cheers S.
I'll put an asterisk alongside the x5 as we need "definite's" at this stage.

More
19 Jul 2017 20:55 #8195 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Cozzy & myself are definitely in, plus 2 maybes at this stage - will try to get a solid answer for you in the next day or two if I can

More
22 Jul 2017 02:21 #8217 by P1 Racing
P1 Racing replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
Sadly I can't be there:(

That aside, $60 entry for the Saturday is hardly a motivator as well!

Look forward to following the race on the Ipad and viewing the QandA from Matt.

• MatCoch
More
25 Jul 2017 02:39 #8259 by MatCoch
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get the numbers at SMP to make the session viable.

However, let's try a different tact.

If you post your questions here, I'll do my best to sit down with Ken and/or Tony and put a video together for YouTube.

More
25 Jul 2017 09:36 #8267 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Exclusive Shakedown Australian GT Q&A
That's a shame we couldn't get the numbers to make this happen, I think it would've been quite a constructive Q&A.

I like your idea Mat of an atternative video, Im sure we could come up with a few questions for Ken and TQ to answer

More
25 Jul 2017 16:53 - 26 Jul 2017 04:30 #8268 by maverick

MatCoch wrote: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get the numbers at SMP to make the session viable.

However, let's try a different tact.

If you post your questions here, I'll do my best to sit down with Ken and/or Tony and put a video together for YouTube.

A shame, however the positive is that everyone can now ask some questions.

Can we expect to see some AGT merchandise available in the near future ? I understand that there may not be much money in it, however a run of 50 shirts, caps and jackets would be snapped up pretty quick by the keen AGT fans, even if they aren't that cheap.

With Challenge Bathurst having the potential to be a popular event for 12 hour participants, will the timing of the NZ rounds be looked at regarding the date clash ?

At this point, do the teams/owners want to run on the VASC's card ?

Obviously teams/owners want to run at Clipsal, however is having more rounds at street circuits a concern with them regarding the increased chance of damage ?

Last Edit: 26 Jul 2017 04:30 by maverick.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds