2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.

More
07 Jun 2017 22:23 #7414 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.

jdyort wrote: I would rather IPRA (less Hislop) than Group S even though I am a fan of the category and it is more in keeping with the Sports Car theme.

That's the only downside to the category for me. I've never seen Hislop's Falcon finish any lower than first (couple of DNF's to give the other guys a chance though).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Aug 2017 18:37 #8576 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
24 Aug 2017 16:51 #8598 by Craillsy
Craillsy replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
A word about those saying 'IPRA was kicked off' etc (mainly on other forums).

While it's true that they weren't invited back this year, it's not like it was because they did a poor job or weren't wanted any more. There's a process that the event (and every event, for that matter - this is not an isolated thing) goes through to sort the support categories out that allows for potential classes to submit their credentials for being involved. Some elements of it are commercial (it costs an enormous amount to run at Bathurst), some of it on grid and some of it are based on the existing program and the mix of classes there.

IPRA were a great category to have on the program - however keep in mind that they were there for eight years. That's a long time to hold down a support slot at any event, let alone one where there's only time in the schedule for three categories. I am certain they'll be back at the B12hr at some point. Personally, I hope they get another gig at the Adelaide 500 because the show they put on there was nothing short of brilliant.

The six hour at Easter has done something similar with a change-up there with Excels and historic Formula Ford added to that program in place of other categories, while some staples remain.

Radicals and Combined Sedans are back to the B12hr and both cater to a different group of competitors and fans.

In the meantime Group S will be a brilliant addition and given they're essentially the forerunner of what races in the big race on Sunday it's apt.

The guys running the category are putting in an enormous amount of effort to put on a show, which includes some impressive plans for paddock displays and the like that will be great should they come off.

And if you've seen and / or heard Rusty French's Skye Sands DeTomaso Pantera I promise you, you'll be solid in an instant.

Just something to keep in mind.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, Pierre

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Aug 2017 17:09 #8601 by maverick
Cheers mate for the info and Group A/C have been left off the PI "historics" invites for next year to add another to your examples.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
24 Aug 2017 19:33 #8605 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.

Craillsy wrote: And if you've seen and / or heard Rusty French's Skye Sands DeTomaso Pantera I promise you, you'll be solid in an instant.

Confirmed.

Thanks for the insight Craillsy!

More
24 Aug 2017 20:37 #8607 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.

Craillsy wrote: And if you've seen and / or heard Rusty French's Skye Sands DeTomaso Pantera I promise you, you'll be solid in an instant.

Thanks for clearing that up, If I get to B12 next year, the Group S cars will make a great replacement for IPRA.
As for your quote, can't help wondering if you meant solid or sold :P :P :P , but you're right either way!

More
25 Aug 2017 15:58 #8611 by TCR
TCR replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Been saying for a long time that Group S would be a great fit with this event, well done.

More
27 Aug 2017 21:07 #8627 by jdyort
jdyort replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
I am happy with Group S. Hopefully Seabrook starts off the rear of the grid. That car and driver combo are all class.

More
27 Aug 2017 21:22 #8628 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Combined Sedans are still on the menu - is the Corvette coming back in 2018???

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Aug 2017 05:48 #8636 by maverick

RedZedMikey wrote: Combined Sedans are still on the menu - is the Corvette coming back in 2018???

No Corvette unfortunately.

More
28 Aug 2017 16:32 #8656 by jdyort
jdyort replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
As Maverick said, no. We are looking forward to the holiday being a holiday again.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Nov 2017 09:34 #9529 by maverick

More
22 Nov 2017 08:25 - 22 Nov 2017 08:27 #9574 by Michael Myllynen
Michael Myllynen replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Great line up for combined sedans. This really is a super category and will be exciting to watch again. I really do like the mix of V8SC, chassis and spaceframe cars. I think that this will satisfy many of the fans who will resent IPRA being left off the programme.
Last Edit: 22 Nov 2017 08:27 by Michael Myllynen. Reason: correction
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Nov 2017 15:47 #9577 by maverick

Michael Myllynen wrote: Great line up for combined sedans. This really is a super category and will be exciting to watch again. I really do like the mix of V8SC, chassis and spaceframe cars. I think that this will satisfy many of the fans who will resent IPRA being left off the programme.

Agree on all points.

More
22 Nov 2017 19:45 #9581 by Alan53
Alan53 replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Another great thing with Group S is that unlike many historic open wheeler and sports car categories which are basically old men driving old cars carefully Group S is highly competitive racing.It will be a great addition.
Improved Production has been terrific though.Hopefully they will get back to Bathurst either in February or Easter in the future.

More
22 Nov 2017 21:51 #9582 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Out of all the support categories, IPRA is the one category I really enjoy. So I'm pretty disappointed personally, but nothing lasts forever, and obviously not everyone will share my views. I'll still be there, and still love every minute of it :)

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Dec 2017 17:14 #10121 by maverick

More
12 Jan 2018 21:55 #10280 by DewiJ
DewiJ replied the topic: 2018 Bathurst 12 hour support categories.
Two-Time (and reigning) American Trans-Am TA2 Champion Gar Robinson will race one of seven Australian Trans-Am 2 cars lining up within the packed Combined Sedans field on the support card for the 2018 Bathurst 12 Hour. Gar will be racing the Dodge Challenger that eager race fans may have seen on display at last year's 12 Hour in a striking purple colour scheme that will this time be wrapped in the colours of his Robinson Racing team, which moves from TA2 to the Pirelli World Challenge in a Mercedes-AMG GT4 this year supported by 74 Ranch Resort.

Gar is looking forward to meeting with many Australian race fans during his time year, to help promote the Trans-Am 2 series ahead of their maiden national round as the Performax Cup at Winton on March 9-11.

https://www.speedcafe.com/news_extra/american-set-trans-2-bathurst-showcase/

Motorsport Photographer & Videographer
Trackside Media: www.facebook.com/TracksideMediaAU/
Australian Trans-Am Series
TA2 Racing Australia
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Jan 2018 08:24 #10282 by maverick

DewiJ wrote: Two-Time (and reigning) American Trans-Am TA2 Champion Gar Robinson will race one of seven Australian Trans-Am 2 cars lining up within the packed Combined Sedans field on the support card for the 2018 Bathurst 12 Hour. Gar will be racing the Dodge Challenger that eager race fans may have seen on display at last year's 12 Hour in a striking purple colour scheme that will this time be wrapped in the colours of his Robinson Racing team, which moves from TA2 to the Pirelli World Challenge in a Mercedes-AMG GT4 this year supported by 74 Ranch Resort.

Gar is looking forward to meeting with many Australian race fans during his time year, to help promote the Trans-Am 2 series ahead of their maiden national round as the Performax Cup at Winton on March 9-11.

https://www.speedcafe.com/news_extra/american-set-trans-2-bathurst-showcase/

Awesome, thanks mate.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Jan 2018 19:02 #10303 by maverick

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds