2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Apr 2017 14:02 - 13 Jul 2017 15:54 #6287 by maverick
maverick created the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 13 Jul 2017 15:54 by maverick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Apr 2017 18:18 - 24 Apr 2017 18:22 #6407 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
AGT trophy series on at Wakefield on the same weekend :(
Decisions decisions.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 24 Apr 2017 18:22 by maverick.

More
25 Apr 2017 00:23 #6415 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.

maverick wrote: AGT trophy series on at Wakefield on the same weekend :(
Decisions decisions.

Bathurst and Goulburn aren't too far apart... why not both?

More
25 Apr 2017 09:56 #6422 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
That's a disappointing clash but ultimately as a spectator ill take racing over hotlapping every single day of the week.

Hopefully there aren't any competitors who feel the need to can one event for the other.

More
25 Apr 2017 10:45 #6428 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
Id say we'd see Marc at Bathurst using it as a lead in to the 12hr unless they can somehow do both especially if theyre in contention for a championship

More
02 May 2017 13:59 #6550 by Nardulas
Disappointing realisation this morning for me, Challenge Bathurst is on the same weekend as the Rally Australia.

Do I attend my hometown event (that costs a reasonable amount of money) or make the roadtrip south to check out the mountain?

More
31 May 2017 13:02 #7206 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
Do Rally Oz, come down for the 12 Hour.

That's a nice photo. You must have a good camera.

How come no one ever says, 'that was a nice meal, you must have a good oven'.

More
03 Jun 2017 17:01 #7287 by Nardulas
Plot twist, I just started a new job and moved to Dubbo. Challenge Bathurst it is!

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jun 2017 17:23 #7292 by maverick

Nardulas wrote: Plot twist, I just started a new job and moved to Dubbo. Challenge Bathurst it is!

Well done.
At this stage I'll be doing Challenge Bathurst Thursday & Friday and the GT Trophy Series at Wakefield Park on the Sunday.

More
03 Jun 2017 17:28 #7293 by Nardulas

maverick wrote:

Nardulas wrote: Plot twist, I just started a new job and moved to Dubbo. Challenge Bathurst it is!

Well done.
At this stage I'll be doing Challenge Bathurst Thursday & Friday and the GT Trophy Series at Wakefield Park on the Sunday.

That's right, same weekend. I work weekdays, and don't want to request too much time off at a new job, so perhaps Challenge bathurst Saturday and Wakefield Sunday? I dunno yet, so many options to consider!

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jun 2017 17:31 #7294 by maverick

Nardulas wrote:

maverick wrote:

Well done.

That's right, same weekend. I work weekdays, and don't want to request too much time off at a new job, so perhaps Challenge bathurst Saturday and Wakefield Sunday? I dunno yet, so many options to consider!

Keep in mind that the GT cars run on the Thursday and Friday.

More
03 Jun 2017 17:34 #7295 by Nardulas

maverick wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

maverick wrote:

Well done.

Keep in mind that the GT cars run on the Thursday and Friday.

May need to request the Friday off work to catch challenge bathurst, and then head for Wakefield Saturday Sunday in that case

More
04 Jun 2017 11:08 #7311 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.

Congrats on the new job

• greg@challengebathurst.com
More
05 Jun 2017 13:49 - 05 Jun 2017 14:26 #7329 by greg@challengebathurst.com
greg@challengebathurst.com replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
Hi friends of the forum,
I'm assisting James O'Brien (Yeehah Events) with the marketing of the Challenge Bathurst event and Brad invited me to join your forum.
Last year was a solid start and we're looking to stage an improved and exciting event in November this year. Feel free to ask for info and we'd welcome you all getting your "Speed Fraternity" up to the Mountain for this event.
Cheers
Greg
Last Edit: 05 Jun 2017 14:26 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Jun 2017 16:02 #7330 by maverick

greg@challengebathurst.com wrote: Hi friends of the forum,
I'm assisting James O'Brien (Yeehah Events) with the marketing of the Challenge Bathurst event and Brad invited me to join your forum.
Last year was a solid start and we're looking to stage an improved and exciting event in November this year. Feel free to ask for info and we'd welcome you all getting your "Speed Fraternity" up to the Mountain for this event.
Cheers
Greg

Thanks for joining us Greg and we look forward to your input for CB.

More
05 Jun 2017 17:05 #7333 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: 2017 Challenge Bathurst Nov 16-19.
Need a photographer? ;)

More
29 Jun 2017 11:23 #7740 by Snowman
Snowman replied the topic: CAMS controlling the local GT scene.
This just came in from Challenge Bathurst.

EVENT STATEMENT
29 June 2017 – For Immediate Release to all competitors

STATEMENT REGARDING GT ELIGIBILITY – CHALLENGE BATHURST

Challenge Bathurst Event Director James O’Brien has released the following regarding the eligibility of GT3 vehicles to compete at Challenge Bathurst (“the Event”).

“The recent statements by CAMS, issued on 24 May and 5 June 2017 respectively, aim to restrict certain FIA homologated GT3 automobiles (2GT) from competing at any CAMS sanctioned events other than Australian GT Championship or other Australian GT permitted events. CAMS intend to achieve these restrictions by re-classifying applicable 2GT automobiles to a code of 2GT CHAMP. CAMS have produced a list of automobiles to be re-classified as 2GT CHAMP, all of which would be ineligible to compete at the Event.”

“We have reviewed the CAMS eligibility restrictions in conjunction with the International Sporting Code, CAMS Constitution and the National Competition Rules. It is our opinion that CAMS does not have jurisdiction to make a rule that restricts the participation of FIA homologated GT3 vehicles at the Event and consequently the vehicle eligibility restrictions which were announced on 24 May and 5 June 2017 are void.”

“The draft Supplementary Regulations (“the Regulations”) for the 2017 Event were submitted to CAMS for comment in late April. The final Supplementary Regulations were submitted to CAMS for approval on 26 June 2017. These Regulations include the eligibility of all FIA GT3 automobiles, as approved by CAMS at the 2016 Event, regardless of any domestic re-classification by CAMS. On 28 June 2017, CAMS refused to approve the Regulations without the restrictions above.

“We intend to appeal this decision through the Australian Motor Sport Appeal Court however are unable to provide a date for this Appeal. The date for entries to open in the Supplementary Regulations was 3 July 2017. Without approval of the Supplementary Regulations by CAMS, we are unable to accept entries to the Event. Once the Appeal has been heard, we will be able to advise the outcome and a revised date for entries to open.”
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, RedZedMikey, Nath

More
29 Jun 2017 12:10 - 29 Jun 2017 12:11 #7742 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: CAMS controlling the local GT scene.
This is bullshit.

Only a series should govern who runs what, not the national body. Wankers

Couldn't this be labelled as restraint of trade?
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017 12:11 by Richo.

More
29 Jun 2017 13:15 #7744 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: CAMS controlling the local GT scene.
I realise the event isn't aimed at spectators, but there isn't any reason now to attend for me. I wonder what this will do to entry numbers on the Pro day? CAMS seems to be meddling in GT3 right now, not sure their motivations, but there is a bit of a stench coming from their offices...

More
29 Jun 2017 13:32 #7745 by Snowman
Snowman replied the topic: CAMS controlling the local GT scene.
I'm just glad someone is taking the ruling on. No doubt James will do the same for the Sports Car races at Easter which will have a knock-on effect for events like Island Magic etc.

I sure hope sanity prevails.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds