2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Mar 2017 17:12 - 30 Mar 2017 17:15 #5870 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: Gotta love some chat about possible teams and drivers already :woohoo:
Van der Linde wants in.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/30/van-der-lin...hurst-12-hour-plans/

A little clarification.
I think someone may have told Kelvin to take a couple of steps back.

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1270...30154141&__tn__=%2As

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 30 Mar 2017 17:15 by maverick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2017 15:48 #5949 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2017 16:17 #5951 by maverick
Yeah I might wander up for a look :woohoo:

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
04 Apr 2017 17:09 #5956 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: Yeah I might wander up for a look :woohoo:

Is there going to be a shakedown venue next year? A late night bar perhaps?

Baron Peck Peckington III

More
04 Apr 2017 17:43 #5957 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
Camper Van is all booked :cheer:

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2017 17:44 #5958 by maverick

Goat69 wrote:

Not with you blokes and those bloody wigs.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2017 17:45 #5959 by maverick

kiwikid_1 wrote: Camper Van is all booked :cheer:

Well played.

The following user(s) liked this post: kiwikid_1

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
04 Apr 2017 18:24 #5960 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote:

Goat69 wrote:

Sounds like you want to join dads army and wear one!

Baron Peck Peckington III

More
04 Apr 2017 18:34 #5961 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote:

Goat69 wrote:

Lena Garde didn't seem to mind

More
04 Apr 2017 18:43 #5964 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
Got your accoms booked now. Rooms are already beginning to fill up.

My tip; grab something not terrible with free cancellation, then keep an eye out for a better deal. That way you know if, push comes to shove, you've definitely got a room and it's not going to cost you $1,000.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2017 18:46 #5966 by maverick

MatCoch wrote: Got your accoms booked now. Rooms are already beginning to fill up.

My tip; grab something not terrible with free cancellation, then keep an eye out for a better deal. That way you know if, push comes to shove, you've definitely got a room and it's not going to cost you $1,000.

I would presume that the free cancellation option would be getting more difficult to find as would the non minimum 4 night stay option.

More
04 Apr 2017 18:56 #5967 by MatCoch
Very much so. There's no free cancellation in Bathurst itself but there's a bit left a short drive away. I've treated it as my backup plan; I'll be looking to grab a house to bring costs down and hopefully be a bit closer to the track.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

More
04 Apr 2017 22:51 #5976 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

MatCoch wrote: Very much so. There's no free cancellation in Bathurst itself but there's a bit left a short drive away. I've treated it as my backup plan; I'll be looking to grab a house to bring costs down and hopefully be a bit closer to the track.

I'm planning on camping in McPhillamy Park with a few mates if you'd like to join?

More
05 Apr 2017 01:43 #5981 by MatCoch

Nardulas wrote:

MatCoch wrote: Very much so. There's no free cancellation in Bathurst itself but there's a bit left a short drive away. I've treated it as my backup plan; I'll be looking to grab a house to bring costs down and hopefully be a bit closer to the track.

I'm planning on camping in McPhillamy Park with a few mates if you'd like to join?

The wife has been trying for years to get me to go camping...! I've never really understood the concept because as near as I can tell the only way to get a good night sleep is to wake up with a hangover.

More
05 Apr 2017 19:06 #6000 by Nardulas

MatCoch wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

The wife has been trying for years to get me to go camping...! I've never really understood the concept because as near as I can tell the only way to get a good night sleep is to wake up with a hangover.

Ah, wisdom beyond your years mate ;)

More
06 Apr 2017 02:15 #6007 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
Nothing to do with any of the above ... this is the B12 2018 thread, so why when you read the it do the headings show as 2017 B12 with the 2017 dates? At first I thought people were posting in the wrong place!

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Apr 2017 09:34 #6010 by maverick

RedZedMikey wrote: Nothing to do with any of the above ... this is the B12 2018 thread, so why when you read the it do the headings show as 2017 B12 with the 2017 dates? At first I thought people were posting in the wrong place!

Cheers Mike, will get it sorted.

More
09 Apr 2017 07:54 - 09 Apr 2017 07:56 #6081 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

MatCoch wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

You should give it some thought, there's nothing like camping at a race track. Never been to Bathurst obviously, but the atmosphere of track camps here in the US (especially Road America's) is brilliant. Campfires, bacon, lingering smell of the track itself...seriously, race track camping is awesome. I can't imagine Bathurst's atmosphere would be any different.
Last Edit: 09 Apr 2017 07:56 by Mechanic Z.

More
09 Apr 2017 10:42 #6084 by Nardulas

Mechanic Z wrote:

MatCoch wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

You should give it some thought, there's nothing like camping at a race track. Never been to Bathurst obviously, but the atmosphere of track camps here in the US (especially Road America's) is brilliant. Campfires, bacon, lingering smell of the track itself...seriously, race track camping is awesome. I can't imagine Bathurst's atmosphere would be any different.

Trying to sleep with the noise of 10,000 generators running, the smell of burning plastic as drunken bogans throw whatever they can reach into campfires, AC/DC until dawn, queues to have a shower or take a shit... The Bathurst 1000 is one hell of an experience!

The 12 hour is a little more sedate. Even the loudest campsites generally turn the music off around midnight, we're all there to watch a race, not get drunk for a week because that's the family tradition.

More
09 Apr 2017 10:54 - 09 Apr 2017 10:56 #6087 by Mechanic Z
Mechanic Z replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

Nardulas wrote:

Mechanic Z wrote:

MatCoch wrote:

Nardulas wrote:

Trying to sleep with the noise of 10,000 generators running, the smell of burning plastic as drunken bogans throw whatever they can reach into campfires, AC/DC until dawn, queues to have a shower or take a shit... The Bathurst 1000 is one hell of an experience!

The 12 hour is a little more sedate. Even the loudest campsites generally turn the music off around midnight, we're all there to watch a race, not get drunk for a week because that's the family tradition.

The 12 hr camp is a lot like Road America's campground then. Sounds cool! :cheer:
Last Edit: 09 Apr 2017 10:56 by Mechanic Z.
The following user(s) liked this post: Nardulas

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds