2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

More
13 Feb 2017 20:21 #4858 by racer69
racer69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
I'll be back either way, but a few things i'd love to see;

- Seeing as the non-Class A cars only got one qualifying session, how about that qualifying session be on Friday afternoon in place of Friday's last practice session? Then on Saturday morning run the Class A session followed by the Top 10 Shootout. If we have to have the Shootout, running it in the morning would ensure the track is at its best for some hot times. On Saturday afternoon have a final practice session for all starters, which also doubles as a warm-up, which they don't get presently (this year the non-Class A cars went straight into the race after qualifying)

- I like the idea of old GT3 cars being excouraged to run, having them as Class B alongside the Carrera Cup cars (as opposed to just Carrera Cup cars) sounds like a great idea to me. The outright GT3 and GT4 classes I think are working great as is.

- I like the Invitational class, and would love to see more starters and variety in there (think the Peugeot's of 2013, Fiats of 2014 etc..) It would be great in my opinion to have four or five of the BMW 335s or equivalents, it gives them someone to race with, and perhaps it might be safer if there were more cars of that speed out there, rather than the one popping up on the leaders at random times (if any of that makes sense)

- Love the Improved Production & Combined Sedans, can we have the Formula Fords or HQs back too?

kiwikid_1 wrote: So if you were to do that and add these cars....who would miss out???
It seems the number of cars on the track is at its limit, with alot if not all drivers complaining of not being able to get a "Lap" with what was there and I'm talking about some of the slower drivers as well.

Theoretically the track limit is 72, so nobody there last weekend would miss out. Whether the organisers would want to run 72 cars though is the question.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2017 21:42 #4860 by jdyort
jdyort replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
Oh look who has finally added Shakedown to his internet routine... About time Racer69. We now have a Lada expert here to answer all our burning Lada questions.
The following user(s) liked this post: racer69

More
13 Feb 2017 22:01 #4862 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

Kytabu wrote: I'd like to see the BMW return to full 3E spec and have a crack at the 6 Hour. Imagine being able to claim to be the only car to have won both races!

I agree with changing the Saturday schedule...maybe have full-field qualifying in the morning like this year but move the Class A-only session to the afternoon.

The car is entered for the 6 hour.
According to the team they are taking 'the go fast bits' off it -wonder if that will actually make it quicker than what it was during the 12 hour.
The team had a rough trot however I believe it was a final fling.

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
13 Feb 2017 22:18 #4863 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

jdyort wrote: Oh look who has finally added Shakedown to his internet routine... About time Racer69. We now have a Lada expert here to answer all our burning Lada questions.

Hi racer69, welcome! Are u disappointed that we didn't get a rotary lada out here, especially the cop version?

Baron Peck Peckington III
The following user(s) liked this post: racer69

More
13 Feb 2017 23:26 - 13 Feb 2017 23:29 #4864 by racer69
racer69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

jdyort wrote: Oh look who has finally added Shakedown to his internet routine... About time Racer69. We now have a Lada expert here to answer all our burning Lada questions.

Thanks jd, thanks to your encouragement Shakedown is pretty early in the routine now, haha! I'm definitely keen to talk Lada's, especially Niva's

Goat69 wrote: Hi racer69, welcome! Are u disappointed that we didn't get a rotary lada out here, especially the cop version?

Thanks Goat.
I'd have loved a chance to drive one, would have felt just like an old KGB agent :)
Maybe we could have gotten Brock-tuned versions in time too!

chatswood47 wrote:
The car is entered for the 6 hour.
According to the team they are taking 'the go fast bits' off it -wonder if that will actually make it quicker than what it was during the 12 hour.
The team had a rough trot however I believe it was a final fling.

I thought the car owners had originally said that the 2016 event was the last one for the BMW?
I had skimmed over it reading the entries for the 2017 race, and was surprised when I saw it during Friday practice.
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2017 23:29 by racer69.

More
19 Feb 2017 12:41 - 19 Feb 2017 12:45 #5003 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
As has already been mentioned I think Saturdays schedule needs to be heavily revised.

I'm sure I'm one of many who arrive to the event on a Saturday. Assuming you are coming from Sydney or Canberra you are talking a multiple hour commute. Also considering that its only Saturday and not race day its really not that easy to wake up super early and begin that commute in time to get to the circuit in order to witness the morning qualifying sessions. After qualifying this year the saturday schedule was abysmal, huge track access period (really? its an international event and we are stopping it for so long for a couple of houses that can have the same access that evening) ride car sessions and nothing to see of the 12 hour field until ten cars in the shootout during the afternoon.

They need to reschedule those sponsor rides to either Friday only or Saturday morning. The afternoon on any Saturday schedule is meant to be about action!

I agree that in a similar vein to the 1000 there should be another major practice session on Saturday. Run it in the afternoon so that people who didn't make it to the circuit earlier can at least get a taste for whats coming the following day. It would also give the gentleman drivers more precious track time.

I keep wondering why aren't the spectator mounds covered by large shade sails? They could either be installed permanently or as temporary structures. I know there's probably a conflict with the concept of trying to sell grandstand tickets but if Murrays and hell corner had these kind of structures both on the inside and outside of the circuit I'm sure it would only make the event easier to promote and more enjoyable to attend. 12 hours in this summers heat was taxing this year. I also feel that skyline would be another possible location for the structures that could be re used for the 1000 and easter weekend events.

I liked nissans effort on the inside of turn one this year, they just didn't have a large enough area with enough umbrella's to go around. More of those redbull shade tents could also be an idea and of course these all provide sponsorship opportunities even the shade sails could be branded.

*edit* Actually talking about skyline I still feel the temporary structures were too close to the circuit. There could be many more spectators watching from that location if they didn't have to jostle for the small amount of space left in front of the structures that otherwise block the view. Another argument for putting up the shade sails in that location.
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2017 12:45 by Nath.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Feb 2017 11:38 #5120 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Feb 2017 08:11 #5145 by maverick
The local boys are planning on entering both the Daytona Coupe and the Dodge Viper.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
The following user(s) liked this post: Mechanic Z

More
24 Feb 2017 10:39 #5147 by Nadz 44
Nadz 44 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: The local boys are planning on entering both the Daytona Coupe and the Dodge Viper.

Now that's a big team effort, two big burly beasts side by side on conrod, what a site....

More
25 Feb 2017 06:44 #5160 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: The Kiwi"s are coming.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/23/kiwi-squad-...orate-gt-enduro-bid/

This is one of Steven Mclaughlan's 2016 cars. I think it will give our 458 a damn good run for our money in the endro's over here this year. Mind you we have a brand spanking new engine sitting on the floor for the GT3
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Mar 2017 16:38 #5338 by maverick
Brenton Griguol who ran his new RE-X at Clipsal with Tim Macrow is planning on entering, but I think we've seen the last of the green livery.
Difficult to see how we're not going to see a shit load of Lambo's entering :P

More
06 Mar 2017 16:50 #5339 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: Brenton Griguol who ran his new RE-X at Clipsal with Tim Macrow is planning on entering, but I think we've seen the last of the green livery.
Difficult to see how we're not going to see a shit load of Lambo's entering :P

Could almost have a one-make series.. or their own class.

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Mar 2017 18:46 #5541 by maverick
My motel just sent me an email with next years dates being Feb 2-4.

More
16 Mar 2017 19:04 #5542 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
i was literally just thinking today that it seemed a long time for them to announce the dates. last year it was the week after lol

My motel booked my name down with a wait on the date confirmation which is handy.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Mar 2017 07:55 #5555 by maverick
Accommodation booked Wednesday - Monday.
Always good to get that locked in early.

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
17 Mar 2017 15:42 #5559 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4
Has it been confirmed?

Baron Peck Peckington III

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Mar 2017 16:14 #5561 by maverick

Goat69 wrote: Has it been confirmed?

Not by the 12 hour organisers mate, but the hotels have been notified, so that's good enough for me.

More
30 Mar 2017 11:27 #5860 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: 2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour Feb 2-4

maverick wrote: Accommodation booked Wednesday - Monday.

Where do you and others stay?

For the last few years my mates and I have stayed at the George hotel. They have a per person per night flat price which kind of sucks as it would be good to reduce the overall cost of the stay.

Anyone know of any places that don't have a min stay of 3 nights?

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Mar 2017 16:11 - 30 Mar 2017 16:20 #5864 by maverick

Nath wrote:

maverick wrote: Accommodation booked Wednesday - Monday.

Where do you and others stay?

For the last few years my mates and I have stayed at the George hotel. They have a per person per night flat price which kind of sucks as it would be good to reduce the overall cost of the stay.

Anyone know of any places that don't have a min stay of 3 nights?

I stay at the Quality Inn Motel which is about 5 minutes from the circuit. I've stayed there about a dozen times for various events and am on their automatic booking list for motorsport events except the 1000 (no interest attending)
As with many they've reacted to the success of the 12 hour and have had a minimum 4 night stay for a couple of years now and a room with a queen, 2 single beds along with a fold out is about $320 per night. Very expensive for Bathurst, but no one is twisting my arm and they have a healthy waiting list.
They make special arrangements for the 12 hour such as earlier breakfast times and have complimentary breakfast packs and take away coffee and the pool is enticing at the end of the day.
Skaife, Ingall and co stayed there for Challenge Bathurst and the 12 hour as well as Luffy and team McElrea.
Now you've got up off the floor after hearing the price, Sam stayed at The Goldfields I believe which is tucked away behind Forest elbow and he said it was very pleasant, close to the circuit and well priced. I think that he said there was a minimum night stay, but not sure how many.
Send him a FB PM.

Last Edit: 30 Mar 2017 16:20 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: Nath

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Mar 2017 16:27 #5866 by maverick
Gotta love some chat about possible teams and drivers already :woohoo:
Van der Linde wants in.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/30/van-der-lin...hurst-12-hour-plans/

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds